Ops Specialist Trade Mgmt II
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Operations Specialist Snr – Trade Processing
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Operations Specialist Snr TP to join our Trade Processing team. In this role you will be experienced within all responsibilities noted below and additionally you will be responsible for assisting the Supervisor with enhancing productivity of the unit, performing specialized operations and mentoring and coaching of Specialists.
You will ensure all trade entries into the accounting system are accurate and timely. You will be responsible for performing specialized operations related to more complex securities processing activities in support of the firm’s business lines. These activities include: executing controls, assisting others, accounting for trade activity, resolving trade problems, ensuring accurate and timely cash management, client contact (internal and external).
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensures all trades straight through processed and those requiring manual intervention are properly accounted for in the accounting system
- Monitors and assist in the resolution of trade entry issues.
- Escalates to the Supervisor any potential exposure items on outstanding trades
- Reviews trade issues reports to ensure trade price deviations are researched and resolved with appropriate parties
- Ensures daily output standards for both quality and timeliness are met
- Coordinates control/production related activities such as trade entry review and other miscellaneous process controls.
- Helps to ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met.
- Reviews work of junior team members
- Provides training on BBH and Client’s systems to new employees, as well as training existing employee, ’s on new task and functions within the group
- Assists team members with day to day activities/provide back-up support
- Utilizes and operate all tools and technology appropriate to the role
- Has an understanding of the big picture – how specific function impacts the firm
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 1.5 + years of working experience, financial services experience preferred
- Demonstrated PC skills
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.