International Consumer Business (ICB) F&BM - VP
There are many processes to be built and developed and there is an opportunity to grow with the team. The business is very inclusive, forward thinking and you would be part of daily stand ups with the team and true partners to the organization. The successful applicant will be based in London and part of a very flat organizational structure with a significant number of senior stakeholders.
ICB F&BM covers several functions including P&A, business finance, business management and certain LOB style treasury roles. There has also been significant M&A activity in the group and project work in relation to new product and market development. We are looking for an experienced VP with a breadth of experience in finance to complement our talented team and lead on their own book of work and support other members of the team.
Day to day:
- Lead on monthly financial analytics for the Chase UK business covering customer and deposit behaviors and metrics
- Executive management reporting for the overall ICB business which has a global footprint with multiple geographies and several legal entities
- Supervising the day-to-day work of junior team members, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reconciliations and other deliverables
- Representing ICB F&BM at various forums and senior stakeholder meetings
- Understanding of treasury concepts, IRRBB, LRM, SWD, R&R
- Product cabinets for new product ideas and features
- Legal entity related matters including RCAs, forecasting, engagement with LEC, EMC, Reg. Analysing LE dimensions for new business propositions, M&A style activity.
- Becoming familiar with modern technology stacks and models, SAAS, capitalization treatment, impairment reviews
- ICAAP and ILAAP involvement from a LOB perspective, driving conversations with Risk & EMC and working on the stressed financials and annual & quarterly reporting cycles
- Key participant in relation to the international expansion activities
F&BM operates as an agile and cross-functional area and the successful candidate will be required to flex their skill set to support the wider teams as required. The role will be varied and often moving at pace, no day is the same in ICB. It is an exciting business and work environment, and the candidate should expect and be able to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and a great team player
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Analyse data, identify trends, drivers and reasoning for financial changes
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and auditable record keeping
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel (Pivot tables and vlookup, sumifs, data tables preferable), Word and Powerpoint
- Experience of development in Alteryx and Tableau (either building or providing BRDs and other Firmwide reporting tools)
- Understanding of US GAAP and UK GAAP/IFRS accounting standards
- Ideally GL experience with SAP or CDGL and at the least business objects experience
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.