SOX Controls Advisory & Testing Roles
Shell Finance Operations (FO) Controllers Team is a global Centre of Expertise, providing professional support across Shell in the area of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (SOX and non-SOX). The Team consists of risk and controls professionals with various experience levels and areas of specialisation.
The FO Controllers Team contribute to ensuring that Shell maintains a fit-for-purpose and design effective financial control framework. Within FO Controllers, our Teams:
- Drive the annual SOX assurance cycle by supporting business in annual review of risks and identification of controls mitigating those risks
- Provide professional expertise on financial Controls Design and Deploy, to ensure controls are appropriately designed to achieve process objectives and mitigate the risks
- Provide attestation / assurance over financial controls through controls testing (SOX and non-SOX) – independent assessment of design and operating effectiveness (LOD2)
- Various positions on different seniority levels for professionals with previous experience in audit, risk & governance, internal controls/SOX testing.
- Depending on a role, a required experience level varies from 12 months to 15+ years.
- Financial Controls Advisor/Manager
- Controls Design & Deploy Advisor/ Senior Advisor/ Manager
- Controls Assurance Analyst/ Specialist/ Manager (SOX testing)
- Finance professionals with previous experience within the Accountancy / Audit Profession, Risk & Assurance, Internal Audit
- Professional qualification in Accountancy / Audit / Internal Controls desirable (ACCA, Certified Internal Auditor CIA], CIMA, CISA or equivalent)
- Fluent English required as Team operates in a multi-location, virtual environment
- Experience in IT risk, systems and digital tools desirable
- Risk based mindset, strong stakeholder engagement, effective communication and influencing skills, capability and willingness to learn new technologies
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.