Alternatives Client GCOO, MD - Hybrid
Who we are looking for
We are hiring for the Alternatives Global COO role within State Street’s Global Client Division. We are looking for an experienced and motivated senior client lead to manage strategic global relationships, drive new business opportunities, lead key initiatives, and drive operational excellence and delivery for Alternatives servicing. This role requires daily interaction with senior executives at State Street and with our strategic global clients
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
This role can be preformed in North America or EMEA.
What you will be responsible for
As the Global COO for Alternatives, Managing Director, you will:
- Understand in detail the client’s strategy and priorities for their Alternatives business globally. Collaborate with the Client Executive, Global Relationship Manager, Segment and Global Delivery leadership to best position State Street to be the provider of choice
- Take a lead role in new business opportunities including the preparation and review of client proposals, leading client presentations and op model discussions, and collaborating with global delivery to determine staffing requirements to support new opportunities.
- Partner with State Street relationship leads to drive commercial negotiations for new and existing business, and to ensure client P&L meets margin requirements.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level manager of State Street, manage relationships with key client contacts to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
- Manage client escalations, and coordinate effectively across virtual teams to resolve.
- Be responsible for the development and execution of key client initiatives both internally and in partnership with clients. Lead with an innovative mindset. Provide internal and client reporting on status of strategic Alternatives initiatives
- Drive accountability across Client Service and Delivery, by owning the Voice of the Client, providing matrix-leadership across functions to improve quality and client experience
- Review KPI metrics internally and with our clients to ensure client satisfaction expectations are met relative to the level of service delivered.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to transform how we operate and deliver services to clients.
- Ability to identify high risk processes and propose risk prevention strategies and controls to prevent financial loss.
- Collaborate with Alternatives Product to develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, simultaneously handle multiple assignments and work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to influence and to drive results across other business units.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidates must have a college degree and 10 or more years of previous accounting and/or financial service operations experience.
- Candidates must possess solid business management experience on complex clients requiring a high level of client interaction.
- MBA, CPA, CFA and/or CAIA are a plus.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.