Fund Services Accountant
The Fund Accountant will assist with all aspects of client accounting, maintenance of ledgers and general control of financial records, in accordance with the relevant Client Services Agreements and the various laws and regulations pertaining to the both the Fund structures and Group’s Licence.
The Key Responsibilities for the role are noted below and as a Fund Accountant you will also be expected to undertake any such duties that are deemed a reasonable requirement, for example, participating in any relevant projects that are related to the role.In addition, you will be required to participate in business and social events organised for staff.
- To assist with the maintenance of client ledgers and full bookkeeping of transactions in liaison with the Administration teams;
- Bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients from source documentation and to agreed deadlines;
- Prepare and assist in the controlling of bank reconciliations for all relevant bank accounts on a monthly basis, or as required;
- Assist in the drafting of financial statements, management accounts or other financial reports for client entities according to client and/or regulatory requirements including quarterly or half yearly reports;
- Processing of review comments from colleagues or third parties, including clients, auditors, advisors or other contacts as necessary.
- Reconciling of client bank and loan accounts to within established operating guidelines and the reconciling of inter client loan balances;
- Reconciling of investment holding nominal balances to within established operating guidelines;
- Assist in the preparation of other financial documents according to client requirements, including: capital adequacy computations, income schedules, scheme valuations, distribution schedules, capital statements, cash flows, solvency reviews, interest calculations, and other ad hoc information as necessary;
- Assist in all aspects of client audits, collating or preparing financial information as requested by auditors and clients, supporting the accounting team in meeting all requirements of the audit process within any set timetable;
- Assist in the monitoring flow of supporting documents being sent to auditors, checking completeness of information, receiving and answering auditor queries and assisting the accounting team with same;
- Assist in collation of financial information required for board meetings within timescales requested;
- Provide support to the Administration team in respect of financial information required for the purposes of the opening of bank accounts, payments, statutory returns and other administration tasks;
- Action any compliance review points in a timely manner;
- Support a strong communication ethos amongst the team and Management;
- Ensure accounting procedures are followed/implemented in accordance with the Fund Accounting procedures manual, ensuring application and timely completion of all checklists required to comply with ISAE accreditation or other requirements as specified. Escalate any issues or questions in a timely manner;
- Maintain a level of technical awareness of ongoing and new accounting standards and regulatory reporting obligations, to include IFRS and UK GAAP, the requirements of TISE, LSE and AIM in respect of listed entities and local regulatory requirements as set out by the GFSC;
- Prior relevant experience gained in regulated finance or professional services;
- Sound educational background i.e. A Level/Baccalaureate or equivalent with GCSE Grades (9 – 5) in core subjects;
- Newly or part qualified Accountant, or relevant accounting experience and a willingness to study toward a full professional qualification in Accounting;
- Demonstrate IT skills, particularly EXCEL; and
- Drive development by using all learning and development resources available.
About Intertrust Group
Intertrust Group is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. We have over 4,000 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Together as a team we deliver high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to our clients, with a view to building long-term relationships.
What We Offer You
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please apply directly via our career page with your CV and optional Cover Letter. For more information about this position, please contact Maureen via Maureen.email@example.com
Apply for this role
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.