Tax Manager | AMW | Union Place | Sri Lanka
Associated Motorways (Pvt) LTD
No two days are the same at AMW, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognizes and rewards quality performance, and what do you get, The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started 70 years ago, popularly known as AMW now a fully-owned subsidiary of Al Futtaim Group (AFG) of United Arab Emirates, is one of the pioneers in the Automotive industry in Sri Lanka.
- Full qualification in ICASL or Tax Management.
- Minimum 4-6 years in an international tax environment.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Pro-active attitude person with a team spirit.
- Highly motivated, energetic, hard worker with Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation of the Group Tax strategy from a planning, compliance, and risk management perspective
- Build relationships and interact with stakeholders to provide excellent tax advisory expertise on business transactions and acquisitions
- Coordinate with tax staff in all geographies and assess their performance in line with the Al-Futtaim tax code of conduct.
- Ensure correct (including data sourcing from SAP) and timely filing of all Tax Returns based on country specific tax calendars and review complex income Tax Returns.
- Identify tax planning opportunities within the limits of tax risk management.
- Identify and mitigate tax risks in AMW Group.
- Manage the tax provision process and supervise tax balances on general ledger.
- Ensure all documents are collected on a central database and handle requests for information.
- Manage tax audits in collaboration with Group Tax.
- Ensuring that the Sri Lanka Automotive Group adheres to the Transfer Pricing Regulations in all geographies where the Group operates and ensure proper transfer pricing documentation is maintained
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.