Evaluator - Credit Risk Management (Wholesale)
This role resides in the second line of defence. The role is responsible for managing a team (if applicable) and identifies, evaluates measures, mitigates, and recommends and/or approves non-retail credit risk credit proposals within the Board-approved Risk Posture and Risk Appetite. He/she oversees monitoring the non-retail credit risk of the assigned portfolios through effectively leveraging of various policies, procedures, frameworks, methodologies, as well as governance and reporting (“Tools”).
Credit Risk Management Strategy and Planning
• Effectively leverage on non-retail credit risk management Tools including, but not limited to, Rating Methodology, Early Warning Indicators (EWI), Risk Acceptance Criteria (RAC), Country Sector Limit, Stress Testing, JDA Framework and Non-Retail Credit Risk Portfolio Reporting, so as to ensure a robust and independent underwriting, approval and portfolio review process that is aligned with Board approved Risk Posture and Risk Appetite.
• Keep abreast of market and regulatory developments that could impact underwriting standards and asset quality. Make recommendations for changes in the various Tools as required
• Ensure timely initiation of client and/or portfolio reviews using the EWI framework, and timely and accurate classification of Watch List names, inclusive of corrective actions steps by the SBU’s.
• Ensure appropriate application and usage of the Joint Delegated Approval Framework
Business Performance and Management
• Manage underwriting and portfolio quality by working closely with Business Units to ensure Tools are understood and implemented
• Engaged in back testing of program lending programs (if necessary)
• Work closely and constructively with key stakeholders by building strong relationships and contributing to the Bank’s success from a non-retail credit scope
• Any other responsibilities / task as assigned by HOD / Deputy HOD from time to time
• Be an engaged leader by setting the tone from the top that facilitates an environment of empowerment and motivation (Where relevant).
• Ensure credit approvals are done in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
• (Where relevant) to engage with internal/external audits as well as regulators.
• Be actively involved and encourage the self-identify of operational risk issues. (Where relevant)