FID Business Unit Risk Management - Executive Director
3212997 - FID Business Unit Risk Management - Executive Director (Frankfurt)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Frankfurt office is the main continental Europe office of Morgan Stanley with branches in Paris, Madrid, and Milan.
The Fixed Income and Commodities Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution, and Commodities Products, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets.
Business Unit Risk Management (“BURM”) is a 1st line team within FID which covers a number of risk areas, including Non-Market Risk (Operational Risk), Franchise Risk and Conduct Risk.
The Non-Market Risk team within BURM includes various business focal leads who act as the primary interface for BURM and are responsible for the oversight and management of that business as it relates to non-market risk activity. The business focal leads act as the 1st Line of Defence with responsibility to identify, resolve and manage risk through rigorous and balanced challenge at a transactional, operational, and strategic level. The team is there to support business activity and strategic initiatives but ensuring this is done within framework set-out by the firm’s risk policies and governed by the respective governance forums. As part of this the team work closely with colleagues across BURM and the 2nd line to ensure appropriate controls and processes are in place including implementation of new control and processes from new regulation or new business initiatives/products.
Reporting to the FID EMEA Business Unit Risk Manager, the candidate would be expected to undertake a wide range of duties, often having to manage multiple tasks with frequent changes to priorities.
- Be the primary BURM focal point within the FID division in Frankfurt supporting the business in resolving and managing risks across sales and trading and providing proactive and balanced challenge to the business and 2nd line functions
- Work closely with the BURM teams in London and Paris to ensure a coordinated approach of business support
- Act as a key member of the deal team, partnering with FID Sales and Trading and respective functions on transactions to identify, challenge and resolve risks
- Partner with the FID division in the development/implementation of new products including managing the buildout of respective risk and control frameworks
- Support broader strategic initiatives and growth
- Assist with risk identification and mitigation activities arising from normal day to day activity, market activity, operational events, regulatory changes by interfacing with other teams and divisions such as Legal & Compliance, Operations, Technology and Sales and Trading
- Lead investigations into operational incidents working with other stakeholders in the team
- Co-ordinate responses and manage remedial actions identified by compliance test checks, internal and external audit, regulators, and exchange venues
- Understand and manage the implementation of changes driven by new business or new regulatory obligations
- Organise and host progress meetings and working groups with stakeholders
- Co-ordinating activities across multiple delivery work streams
- Previous Fixed Income experience in a Financial, Legal or Risk environment
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Law or Economics preferable)
- Good understanding of project management essential
- Excellent knowledge of Power point and MS Excel required
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and presentations
- Good attention to detail & organisation skills
- Confident, self-starter, assertive and energetic
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individualsFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.