Accounting Manager, Officer
Purpose Of Role
You’ll be joining the Payment HUB team in Global Accounting Operation in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow, which provides a wide range of services to multiple State Street Bank locations, including EMEA and North America.
The Team provides operation support for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Foreign Exchange for Cash (FX4Cash) and Cross Border Payments (XBACH).
To coordinate Payment Hub team’s work in order to ensure that all payments and payment related tasks are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with SLA agreements and agreed quality standards.
Key Responsibilities: Work Performance
- Coordinate and Perform complex end-to-end payments processes that may include [but are not limited to]: payments preparation, review and release, accounting documents processing and preparation of daily cash balances.
- Provide expert knowledge, guidance and support to team colleagues on technical, professional and client issues at the level of team’s daily duties.
- Assisting in documentation and monitoring of internal controls, performing other projects and/or reports as assigned etc,
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day.
- Developing and maintaining close working relations with external banks, the business locations, and JV teams.
- First point of contact and first person to give opinion on team staff improvements’ suggestions; process improvements, application upgrade or different tasks allocation.
- First point of contact for team staff in all cases of doubts or difficulties that may happen in delivering service to the given client; depending on situation he/she may resolve them on his/her own or decide to escalate to direct manager.
- Coordinates tasks given by his/her direct manager in terms of managing absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the team.
- Coordinate the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients
- Identify [and execute] process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management]
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and suggest necessary corrective action, keeping team and direct manager informed of issue; record occurring issues in the issues log and track progress
- Complete your job-related tasks as designed by procedures and requested by the manager independently - following the principles of (1) quality (2) completeness and (3) timeliness. Support junior staff with the job-related tasks; act as SME
- Support his/her direct manager in establish and maintaining good working relationships with donor site and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries/problems within agreed timescales [in agreement with direct manager, depending on situation try to resolve/escalate on own responsibility]
- Ensure that direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given
Skills & Qualifications:
- A background in banking, with knowledge and experience of working within an operations environment.
- Knowledge of European and international payments/settlements.
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment also the ability to lead and motivate a team of people.
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients, and colleagues at all levels whilst being customer service focused.
- Advance Language skills, written and verbal in English and country language if required.
- Attention to details is crucial.
Level Of Education: Finance or Accounting education
Previous Level Of Experience: At least 5 years of Professional experience in accountancy/banking and/or other relevant according to company’s management assessment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.