Alpha Account Transitions, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The position will support and maintain the production processing of multiple client’s transition requests. The position will interface daily with the client’s front office personal and serve as a single point of contact with the client for all New Account Launches, Closures, Custody Conversions, Account Restructures, Mergers, and Asset Transfers. The position has daily Client SLA’s and must meet internal cycles in order for the client to trade timely.
The position will interact and provide support to numerous teams and departments within the organization, including Portfolio Services, Trade Settlement, Reconciliation, Data Management, and Performance. Builds cooperative and professional internal/external relationships, and utilizes all available resources throughout the organization, to achieve group and client goals.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Alpha Account Transitions Senior Associate you will
- Complete the day to day responsibilities of the team within a strong risk management and controlled environment while eliminating risk incidents and errors.
- Completion of the review and verification of peer's work on a daily basis, following stringent procedures and controls.
- Coordination for all new account activity and maintenance across all impacted business teams within Alpha, including ownership for operational readiness within agreed upon timeframes.
- Support for the set up and maintenance of accounts across multiple applications, including recordkeeping and data warehouses.
- Act as instructed by client. Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise, identify and resolve work-processing issues, make suggestions to streamline operations.
- Research routine issues and inquiries. Resolve discrepancies and take action on routine matters and inquiries from external clients and internal departments.
- Maintain documented workflows, procedures and controls.
- Determine impact of activity to other areas.
- Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution.
- Interface with internal and external clients and other departments on complex matters and inquiries.
- Ad-hoc reporting, including daily, weekly and monthly metrics.
- Engage in complex special projects and assignments.
- Cover various supervisory functions when necessary.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Performs work independently and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues.
- Adheres to documented processes, procedures and controls.
- Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
- Performs complex tasks and provides business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients.
- Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or economics preferred.
- 2 plus years related financial industry experience
- Working knowledge of Domestic and International financial and all related instruments.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problems solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, balance workload and work in a deadline oriented position.
- Ability to meet aggressive SLA Deadlines.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.