Assistant Department Head (Vice President) in Alternatives Depositary Services Team
As an Assistant Department Head (Vice President) in Alternatives Depositary Services Teamyou will be responsible for executing and shaping the global Alternative Investment Funds department strategy as well as managing the day-to-day business of the department in Krakow. You will also be expected to partner with other senior leaders across the global Alternatives Fund Services function to ensure our products and services are aligned to meet BBH’s client service goals and objectives, reporting to Department Head in Kraków.
As a qualified candidate you will apply functional expertise, leadership, initiative, creativity, and management skills to successfully meet the tactical and strategic business objectives. In addition, you should demonstrate excellent client communication and relationship skills to enable the group to maintain high quality service standards. This is a highly visible role where you will have an impact to BBH’s position in the global Alternatives Fund Services business by participating in key industry events and forums, and providing thought leadership and expertise to our colleagues and to existing and prospective clients.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage a team of 50+ employees in Alternatives Asset Supervision (administrative support for Depositary Services Team)
- Overseeing responsibility for the provision of Alternative Investments recordkeeping, fund assets' ownership verification, review of transaction documentation (investment acquisitions and disposals), Alternative funds cash flow monitoring
- Oversight of the operation of the funds, including valuation, subscription/redemption process, distribution, timely settlement of transactions, and compliance with investment and borrowing power limits
- Developing and maintaining excellent familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing Depositary function (AIFMD, UCITS, CSSF Circulars/ABBL, ALFI interpretations)
- Ensure the smooth, effective operation of the department including: compliance to asset supervision, custody and operational procedures, proper product and service delivery, proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items, maintaining the proper standards and controls
- Lead by example in establishing a culture of providing superior service to BBH's clients
- Build and maintain strong internal and external business relationships
- Implement and maintain KPIs and other management tools to determine the team's performance and ability to meet volume and accuracy standards
- Assist Department Head with ongoing project management and act as a professional voice for the department and firm as a whole
- Oversee the supervision of staff members through appropriate recruiting, training, performance management, and succession planning; ensure selective selection, development, and retention of highly qualified, strong performing team members
- Realize team efficiencies through increased automation and organize workflows
- Foster an atmosphere where staff feel comfortable raising ideas; provide guidance and assistance to colleagues in the analysis and, if appropriate, implementation of ideas
- Manage and implement controls effectively to alleviate any areas of potential risk. Take remedial action to prevent errors and near misses from recurring
- Act as the senior point of escalation for the team, proactively manage the resolution process with frequent updates and satisfaction measures.
- 10+ years of professional experience in finance/fund industry including at least 6 on managerial position
- Relevant experience in Depositary or Corporate Accounting for Alternative Funds is a plus
- Primary degree in Accounting/Finance/Law or Business-related discipline
- Understanding of various services provided to investment funds, investment structures and financial products
- In-depth understanding of commercial aspects of investment funds' activity
- Knowledge of AIFMD is a plus
- Mature leader with ability to coach, develop and motivate employees
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
- Fluency in English essential
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can,
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world,
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm,
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective,
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind,
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage,
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.