IED, RiskLab Quant, Associate / Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. The Firm’s equity Sales & Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content, and create product solutions to help our clients generate alpha. The Equity Financing Products department acts as a strategic partner to more than 800 top hedge fund managers: executing and clearing trades across asset classes, time zones, and currencies; providing financing and expertise to help manage risk and benefit from technology; and consults to help launch new funds and connect with them potential investors.
Morgan Stanley is looking to recruit for the Risk Lab squad with regards to improve and develop tools for global risk analysis and management.
Risk and Data Analytics Centre, Paris
As we see increasing client interest in quantitative strategies, maintaining, and enhancing our leading position in risk analytics and technology is critical to our Institutional Securities Group (ISG) businesses globally. The seamless collaboration between technologists and ISG personnel, including data scientists, financial engineers and quantitative analysts helps to deliver innovative tools and solutions that differentiate us from our competitors.
Morgan Stanley is establishing a new Risk & Data Analytics (“R&D”) Centre in Paris, where it will support our growth strategy for ISG both in EMEA and more broadly. The Centre will deliver cutting-edge, proprietary solutions to address the rapidly changing business needs of our sales and trading franchise while providing a platform to foster innovation for our market’s businesses, driven by analytical and technological excellence.
- Leadership role of the Risk lab Strat team: providing guidance to direct reports, driving quant collaboration in the risk lab squad
- In coordination with the product owner of the squad, spearhead the modelling part of production global risk analysis components and forecast.
- Own the algorithmic life cycle from ideation, risk analysis, forecast to production.
- Work with the risk fleet development team to assist in efficient algorithm and system design, considering technological and big data analysis constraints of a global risk equity business.
- Strong quantitative research skills with mathematical, statistical or computer science with background in an academic setting
- Have ability to develop skills in financial risk, computer science and/or statistic
- You have a keen interest in mentoring and knowledge sharing
- You possess practical problem-solving skills with a great attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in risk evaluation and risk scenario analysis.
- Experience in analysis macro market trend.
- Experience developing Python.
- Knowledge of Kdb+ and Q.
- Experience in producing visualization of big set of data
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.