Assistant Vice President, Financial Planning, Analysis, Alpha Services
About the role
The LFO Support AVP provides support to the LFO, Alpha Services, by providing financial analysis and developing insightful analytics that help understand business performance, influence business decisions and drive overall business growth and corporate profitability.
Who we are looking for
As a core member of the Business Unit Finance Team, the successful candidate will work with Alpha CFO’s in providing strategic partnership to business leaders across Alpha organization (Middle Office Services, Data Services, Professional Services).
The Business Unit Finance Team engages with business leadership and their teams to drive strategy and growth initiatives, analyze financial performance, and deliver insights to help drive the team’s current and future performance. The candidate will bring strong communication, analytical and technical skills to the role to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
The BU Finance Team is responsible for delivering insights to senior executives regarding financial performance for various business lines within Alpha. This position will work closely with both our Finance and Business partners to develop complex financial models comparing and analyzing data accuracy, inconsistencies, trends and significant variances; researching or verifying data integrity as needed. This position will prepare financial materials and perform analysis for a variety of complex processes supporting budgeting, forecasting and long term financial modeling and planning of a global organization.
What you will be responsible for
As an AVP on the LFO Support Team you will:
- Develop financial models and scenario analysis to challenge & evaluate financial decisions and support valuation, planning, and forecasting
- Assist in managing the annual planning/budget process
- Develop KPIs and models to support future reporting
- Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
- Oversee the preparation of analysis, commentary and presentation material for financial reviews with senior management
- Maintain relationships and oversight of geographically dispersed finance support teams (i.e. Insight Center, International finance and accounting teams) to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow
- Partner with Business/ Functional heads ensuring accountability and assisting in strategic analysis and decision support
- Drive the development of financial measurement framework to support revenue growth, optimize spend, create functional efficiencies, and drive profitability
- Constantly assess the current process and reporting to drive and manage changes for improvement
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience within Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Services
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, work independently while maintaining attention to detail and meet deadlines in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment
- Experience in preparing presentations for Executive Management
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, innovative, and a self-starter and team player with a high level of initiative and achieves results with little oversight
- Have solid problem solving skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex data into an easy to understand analysis
- Ability to work under pressure and overcome challenges from a constantly shifting delivery landscape
- Extensive experience with finance system (e.g. Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Smartview)
- Data Analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx): ability to develop and design workflow for automation and advanced data analytics
- Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau): ability to develop and design dashboards