Financial Control Analyst
The Retail UK Financial Control team takes lead responsibility in ensuring that financial information is delivered on a timely basis and to high standards of accuracy. It involves working closely with the Finance Business Partner team to provide commercially insightful analysis of financial performance for senior stakeholders within the Group.
Purpose of the Role
The UK FC team is responsible for successful delivery of the monthly GL close, financial control and reporting for the UK business. Therefore the role will give an individual a variety of experience working as a financial accountant in a vibrant and growing environment.
- Support the Financial Controller in ensuring the completeness of the General Ledger for your business unit and the delivery of high quality financial and management reporting.
- Preparation of Statutory and Finrep disclosure notes on a quarterly basis ensuring that underlying processes and controls have been completed in accordance with standard process.
- Preparation of Balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation, ensuring each individual Balance sheet account is substantiated with appropriate back up and balancing items have been resolved in a timely manner
- Prepare journals on a monthly basis ensuring the journals are accurate and complete with appropriate back up provided to allow efficient review.
- Supporting the reporting requirements for the Group and UK plc.
- Support the team in any ad hoc requirements as they arise
What is the opportunity
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person teamwork. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- Part qualified Accountant with strong academic and technical ability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong eye for business with a questioning, open incisive insightfulness.
- A self-starter with the ability to plan, co-ordinate and deliver results in a reliable manner with minimum fuss.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting targets and handling contending priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge of accounting and banking sector.
- Knowledge of BCS and SAP R/3
- One Group, one team - Self
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Agile - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.