Tax & Legal Services - MERC Tax - Risk & Quality - Manager - Dubai
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within internal firm services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity-based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You'll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC's regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you'll provide advice to business teams within the firm on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with firm policies, principles and standards.
The Tax and Legal Risk and Quality team advises client-facing and internal staff primarily on risk management matters associated with the procurement, development and/or use of technology solutions internally by the firm or as part of the delivery of services to clients. It also advises internal firm functions on general risk management matters.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Manager to be part of this team and contribute to shaping our direction and evolution as we work to support one of the firm’s key growth areas. You will work as an integral part of this team and be involved in a broad range of activities which will include liaison with internal and client facing partners and staff across the firm’s Lines of Service, as well as other parts of the firm including Network Security, Independence, Compliance, the Office of General Counsel (OGC), Procurement and the Risk and Quality Teams in each Line of Service.
The role will entail supporting the regional TLS R&Q team to:
- Work with project teams to identify, assess and advise on mitigations for risk concerns relating to related solutions, as well as navigate the firm’s various approval processes to obtain sign-off for these new solutions;
- Provide general risk management advice to internal firm functions and be the first point of contact, escalating issues when appropriate
- As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring delivery of high quality, pragmatic and commercial R&Q advice that meets the needs of the business and is delivered to high client delivery standards
- Advising on more complex R&Q issues and drawing on specialist support from the wider R&Q community (OGC, Independence, Compliance, other LoS R&Q)
- Being the first point of contact for queries from client facing staff and providing pragmatic advice and solutions to their R&Q queries.
- Identifying and escalating high risk issues to the TLS R&Q Senior Manager / Director
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Identifying issues requiring embedding and feeding into development of training and communications plan
- Delivering training to partners and staff, including one-to-one training and seminar based training, in relation to R&Q / contracting
- Delivering the R&Q training and communications plan
- Negotiating with clients alongside OGC with regard to contracting challenges.
- Attend panels triggered by engagement requirements and ensure panel notes are written up in accordance with the discussion
- Understanding of the firm's risk management including global and local KYC policies.
- Assist in reviewing and providing any KYC exceptional approval based on due diligence provided on the client and services to be performed.
- Work with the regional OGC and Contract Review team by ensure client contracting matters are actioned promptly and effective response and negotiation conducted
- Any key matters should be escalated as per the policy agreed with LoS and xLoS.
- Working with junior resources to project manage and facilitate the Engagement Compliance Review (ECRs) conducted for TLS Partners and Directors and provide timely updates on status of reviews
- Play an active role in leading other projects highlighted in the annual TLS R&Q project plan
- Proactive in coming up with digital and innovative solution
- Train, coach, and supervise junior staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Good understanding of R&Q, compliance and regulatory policy - an appreciation of the types of risk we need to help the business to manage.
- Empathy with the pressures and motivations of client facing colleagues and an ability to provide pragmatic advice without compromising on “non-negotiables
- Ability to build relationships based on trust and respect with clients and colleagues alike
- Ability to communicate clearly and with self-confidence to all levels of partners and staff, including at the most senior levels.
- Capable of analysing documents whilst giving competent, accurate and pragmatic advice
- A conscientious team player, with good self-management skills and the ability to expand existing relationships and create opportunities for cross team collaboration
- Clear understanding of commercial / client-facing issues
- Good understanding of PwC risk management policies and procedures
- Ability to deal with issues promptly
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strongly organisational and project management skills
- A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative
- Strong organizational and project manager skills, attention to detail and willingness to gain an excellent knowledge of PwC policy and methodology;
- For consideration at Manager level, 5+ years relevant post qualification experience required.
A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience.
Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.