Fund Accounting Assistant Manager
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
A Fund Accounting Assistant Manager is required to execute the following tasks within the fund accounting department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Manager and Director. They will facilitate the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations and work closely with the fund accountants under their supervision. Supervision of the cash, position and OTC reconciliation process, including trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the Fund Accounting Assistant Manager’s role. They will assist in the development of the NAV team, setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor to direct reports. Every Fund Accounting Assistant Manager will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Manager.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Fund Accounting Assistant Manager should be flexible and willing to adapt.
A Fund Accounting Assistant Manager should be capable of managing a team of up to 7 staff and facilitate their ongoing development and that of the NAV team.
- Quality control review of cash, position and market value reconciliations.
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Review fund pricing.
- Review corporate actions.
- Review profit and loss reports for reasonableness.
- Review income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals.
- Review fund trial balance.
- Review profit allocations to fund investors.
- Review compliance with HedgeServ defined checklists, procedures and controls.
- Converse and liaise with internal services departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Assist Managers with fund accounting enquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Respond to client queries in a timely and efficient manner.
Job Requirements for the role
- Completed bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance
- 5+ years’ experience working in a hedge fund administration firm is required.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- IT Literate.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits such as Premium Health Insurance, Multisport Card, My Benefit – Cafeteria System, Life Insurance
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Training and development in a wide variety of areas to ensure staff are constantly developing and progressing their skills
- Tuition policy with study leave and generous payment of all related fees
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company