Accountant, Regulatory Reporting, - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This is a new role within Regulatory Reporting, Finance that has arisen due to expanding and increasingly complex business and regulator driven requirements. The successful individual will have a direct reporting line to the Regulatory Reporting Manager based in Limerick and work within a team across Limerick, London and Manila.
This role will work as part of the EMEA Regulatory Reporting Team which is responsible for the preparation of regulatory returns and other reporting/monitoring functions for the EMEA entities.
- Key partner in the production and computation of COREP, FINREP and IFPR templates, including capital adequacy, large exposures, liquidity requirements, for the reportable entities within the Northern Trust Group;
- Collaborate with the team in the monitoring and assessment of changes in the regulatory environment and the impact the on COREP, FINREP, IFPR and statistical templates;
- Assess the impact of changes to and expansions in the business, e.g. new product offerings, new territories,
- Monitoring and analysis of regulatory positions, to highlight regulatory breaches and areas of concern to be escalated to senior management;
- Produce and/or oversee the production of Anacredit, ensuring that all working papers meet internal documentation standards.
- Produce and/or oversee the production of Bank of England statistical returns and ensure that all working papers meet internal documentation standards.
- Delivery of clear, cross-referenced working papers and period on period variance analysis in relation to all regulatory returns prepared;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, providing timely and appropriate data;
- Completion of legal entity liquidity risk management information reports and other finance support activities as required;
- Participation in regulatory projects – typically covering new implementations/upgrades to reporting systems, regulatory change;
- Active participation in regulatory/ finance support process improvement projects including streamlining of workings, data reconciliations and static data clean-up;
- The successful candidate will also be expected to develop knowledge of the regulatory reporting interfaces and their configuration.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work as part of the broader EMEA Regulatory Reporting team;
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills;
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail;
- Ability to apply the required level of logic, complex reasoning or problem solving skills to independently identify and resolve issues as they arise;
- Ability to react and respond on a timely basis;
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment whilst maintaining a high degree of commitment and focus;
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- Finance / numerate degree with 5 + years industry experience. Regulatory/ finance/ risk experience essential;
- Completion of, or part completion of, an accepted accounting qualification or an ability to project a strong understanding of general accounting principles so as to be seen as “qualified by experience”;
- Strong background in the preparation of varied reports based on the accounting records of the bank;
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous experience with regulatory reporting software an advantage but, not essential.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.