Operational Resilience Risk Business Analyst, AVP
Operational Resilience Risk Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President
It is an exciting time to join State Street Corporation (SSC) in the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) – Operational Resilience Risk (ORR) organization. ORR is responsible for leadership, oversight, monitoring, and advisement around the discovery, management, and remediation of Operational Resilience risks within the firms Critical Business Services and more broadly across the enterprise.
As a representative of Operational Resilience Risk Group you will have your finger on the pulse of State Street’s Critical Business Services, worldwide working collaboratively with Enterprise Technology Risk Management, Global Technology Services, Enterprise Resilience Office and various individual Business Units and Business process owners to operationalize risk reporting supporting ORR Second Line of Defense Program.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how Critical Business Services (Payments, Securities Settlement, Fund Accounting, etc) at a Large Custody/Asset Servicing Financial Institution) are delivered to the markets and clients, the interdependencies and impacts both internally and externally, detailed operational activities within the business units further support such delivery
- Serve as a techno-functional business analyst to convert business requirements from ORR team to technical requirements that will serve as a basis to build a technical risk reporting platform leveraging Power BI; ensuring business requirements are being met in the technical platform and accountable for end-to-end project delivery
- Support the ORR team in data driven analysis to build a risk profile for each CBS delivery, mapping vulnerabilities and gaps across the processes and infrastructure leveraging various techniques (and tools) such as process mining, BPMN, single point of failure analysis
- Work collaboratively with the various stakeholders involved, with a “break through silos” and “choose to own it mindset”
Candidate Must Haves
- Superior communication, interpersonal, intergroup, negotiation and presentation skills are critical
- The ability to understand risk exposure across an end to end business service
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of business process controls, process risks and how they can be mitigated
- Self-Starter, Navigating on your own in an evolving, unstructured area and bringing insights and clarity
- This role will interface with stakeholders across the globe hence candidate must be willing to work across APAC/EMEA/North America time zones on a regular basis
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Financial and Banking Industries with proven work experience involved in implementing major projects as a business analyst, process analyst or related fields of work is preferred
- Knowledge on Payments, Clearing and Settlement processes at a Custody/Asset Servicing bank
- Understanding of evolving regulatory expectations / requirements around Operational Resilience, impact Tolerance, Alternate Action Plans
- Experience with Risk Management, Business Continuity, Technology Audits, Business Process audits is a plus
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology/Finance/Business Management or related major
- Experience with Microsoft Tools/Data Analytics/Risk Dashboards is a plus
- Travel less than 10%
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.