Financial Planning & Analysis, Assistant Manager
Who we are looking for
The role will be a part of SPDR Finance supporting the SPDR Business Unit. The position is responsible for monthly and quarterly financial performance review including return metrics and detailed sequential and year over year analysis to support Business Head/s. The role will work closely with multiple stakeholders across the finance organization and business support relating to revenue and pricing analytics. The role will be expected to produce high quality analysis and support production of presentations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the SPDR organization. Across the globe, the business rely on SPDR finance to help them drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need team member/s like you to help the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive to deliver high quality financial analysis using solutions that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience across the team and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting / Analysis / Planning, Assistant Manager you will be Part of SPDR Finance team supporting SSGA Global ETFs business on reporting, planning and analysis activities working with BU management, Central FP&A, Accounting and other groups.
- Support Revenue elements of the monthly close process for Global SPDR ensuring financial results in coordination with GAO, FP&A and business counterparts.
- Support consolidation of Annual Operating Plan and processes and Support consolidation of MYF (mid-year forecast), MYP (multi-year plan) and processes
- Support budgeting of all revenue related elements of P&L to include Gross Management Fees, Management Fee rebates, Custody costs, Broker-Dealer Fees and Gold Fees globally. Coordinate with other Sr. Assoc. on PDR elements of Revenue
- Support smartview budget inputs for revenue, Support smartview review of budget inputs for revenue and expenses
- Support smartview executive reporting
- Support smartview review of forecast inputs for revenue and expenses
- Support Global SPDR QBR, for required financial information and metrics as they pertain to Revenue / ANNR
- Prepare, review management and financial reporting for SPDR Management
- Support day to day operational ad-hoc requests, including but not limited to; sales dashboard, flash financials, monthly close, accrual maintenance
- Support month end close process for SPDR focus on revenue related accruals, RMS reporting, Cognos related close activities working with BIG IT team, revenue variance analysis
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue and expenses
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis, Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Prepare presentations to Senior Management Team
- Manage and build key relationships, understanding business requirements and appreciating multiple perspectives to deliver high quality service
- Demonstrate the flexibility to adapt and address changing business requirements
- Engage and grow in learning and developmental activities like GA Finance and GRS Mentoring Program, State Street India Toastmasters, etc.
- Track and measure all investments across SPDR, to include but not limited to Re-Pricing, Strategic Investments
- Build out knowledge of SPDR business and finance processes and activities through cross-training with Global SPDR Finance team
- Deliver strong support for Pricing analytics
- Create and maintain procedures documentation for revenue reporting activities
- Assess and recommend different visualization to drive automation and enhance analytics
- Streamline data synthesis, minimizing manual processes and duplicative tasks
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 to 8 years of experience in Banking / Finance related discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookup)
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Should have strong data analysis and data interpretation skills as well as attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to understand and collect requirements from client.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting business requirements to identify technical solutions.
- Continuous Integration/Development.
Skills & Knowledge
Skill requirements (Primary):
- Experienced Business Analyst in Asset Management Industry with program/project management skills with end to end implementations.
- Strong technical skills including MS Office, data visualization required (preference for experience in one or all of Essbase, SmartView, Oracle)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills on Windows including: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio
- Experience of working in a global team structure across multiple time zones
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Team work and collaboration.
- Highly motivated, capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Highly motivated and willingness to learn and develop within role.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.