Corporate Actions & Income Oversight (Client Service & Engagement), Officer
Who we are looking for
The candidate must have corporate actions and income processing knowledge, gained over several years and be able to determine and interpret variations that can arise within specific corporate action event types, which may impact our client base; Work with the processing team to create bespoke operating procedures and work alongside our Oversight team that manage Corporate actions and Income.
Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines and proven client facing and project management experience with the ability to represent the department and communicate with colleagues at all levels.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Corporate Actions and Income Specialist you will
- Provide Subject Matter expertise for Corporate Action and Income related questions and queries.
- Oversee the Processing of Corporate Actions and Income across multiple markets and asset types
- Manage elements of the onboarding of multiple large new clients
- Work with Project teams, client and colleagues in multiple locations to ensure all required detail and data is accurate and received / sent / updated in a timely manner.
- Review Client specific processes and ensure they are introduced through all phases of project preparation and into the Production environment.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas for both onshore and offshore locations.
- Work with, review and participate in BAU with the Asset Servicing Business Operations teams to ensure that they understand the Future State Operating Model and that they are operationally ready to support the in-scope business activities and have completed required tasks such as procedures, system access and training.
- Analysis and documentation of data consistency issues
- Maintenance of Processing Matrix
- Liaise with clients and colleagues within other business areas and locations
- Work with the Business teams to update Procedures, Processes Flow and Checklists as required
- Highlight / Raise systemic development requirements as required.
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyse on the spot.
- Some client facing experience
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to support change and work with the operations teams to roll out any changes to their processes across all of the clients that they support
- Demonstrate ability to take on tasks without instruction
- Work effectively with others to achieve results on queries.
- Participation in relevant projects
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Essential to have be able to demonstrate market knowledge of corporate actions and income
- Creative thinker with the ability to think out-of-the-box
- Must display an ability to drive tasks through to completion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.