Assistant Manager - Technology Risk
Senior Associate, Enterprise Technology Risk Management
Who we are looking for
Enterprise Technology Risk Management (“ETRM”) India Team is seeking a candidate to work with a diverse set of data sources such as Vulnerability Data, SIEM logs, CMDB, Incident Details, BCMS, Technology Issues, Vendor Engagement & Issues, Semi-structured and Unstructured data to build machine learning models. The candidate will assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques. Must be able to compile information and prepare reports based on both manual and automated sources. The candidate will also closely work with the global ETRM team and other cross functional teams such as Technology divisions (Global Technology Services - GTS, Global Cybersecurity Services - GCS etc.), Technology Platform teams (IT-PXO, ValueStream), Operational Resiliency and Data Platform teams.
What you will be responsible for
Developing and delivering dashboards, actionable insights and reports in support of rapid decision-making. This role is in direct support of a senior Enterprise Technology Risk Manager(s) and as such will be responsible for recommending visualization features and designs most appropriate to data and analysis needs of business. The candidate must be able to compile information and prepare reports based on both manual and automated sources and align to applicable service strategies and established processes.
- Implement data models to enable transition and transformation of data from source to target
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytical systems
- Develop visual reports, dashboards and KPI/KRI scorecards using BI tools
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
- Compile results in a concise, meaningful, and actionable formats to share findings to senior leadership
- Explore next-generation analytics / reporting capabilities such as Big Data analytics & Artificial Intelligence
- Establish and maintain relationships with business stakeholders and technical teams to ensure alignment between ETRM strategy, business requirements, and development activities
- Contribute to the continued development of risk excellence culture within State Street
What we value
Primary Skills (Must Have)
- Expertise with common data science toolkits such as R, Python etc. to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Good understanding of supervised learning, unsupervised learning and deep learning frameworks
- Experience in maintaining data analytics platforms so that data can effectively be mined for information.
- Experience in Rest APIs, Cypher Query Language (CQL), modeling network data using Neo4j/Graph Database
- Expertise in analysis, design and implementation of reporting and visualization (dashboards) using tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Ability to write SQL code for analysis through data profiling, data queries and data validation exercises
- Working experience in designing and managing database schema and diagnosis
- Ability to present and clearly communicate complex data, analysis and findings
- Proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel, and working knowledge in SharePoint
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Ability to multitask and navigate competing priorities
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Exposure to GRC tools such as RSA Archer, MetricStream, IBM OpenPages
- Knowledge in Big data platforms and cloud technologies
- Familiarity in Information Security Frameworks including the ISO 27000 family and NIST is desirable
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology, or related field of study
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in data analysis, dashboard design and development
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in python programming and software development
- Understands BI/ reporting tool architecture, functions and features
Why this role is important to us
The Enterprise Technology Risk Management (“ETRM”), a part of Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) is a Second Line of Defense Function which provides oversight, review and monitoring of Enterprise-wide technology risks to ensure they are proactively identified, prudently managed, and effectively challenged in support of State Street Corporation’s (“SSC”) business strategy, with a commitment to excellence, integrity and professionalism.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.