Accounting Team Lead
This role is primarily responsible for the overall finance function of South East Asia and India region for Page Group.
PageGroup is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specializing in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions for the world's top companies. Established in London in 1976, we've been bringing the world's best employers and brightest professionals together for over 35 years. More than 5,000 employees in 36 countries can be proud of their part in our global success, including giving something back to their local communities. An organically grown business, we are passionate about career progression and offer our people unrivaled talent development programs. Rewarding success, having fun and working in a business that supports personal well-being is vital to the growth of our global team. We proudly work to match the brightest professionals with some of the world's biggest multinational brands and industry leaders, as well as some of the most highly respected companies in Singapore. Our commitment to career development has made us one of a handful of companies where all of our directors and above in Asia have been promoted from within.
- Month end closing and processing of all accounting journals - intercompany, prepayment, depreciation, provisions, accruals etc
- Reviewing of monthly reporting, cash forecast, and group KPIs to the UK (parent company)
- Monitor cashflow and monthly intercompany payments
- Complete/review the monthly bank reconciliation and investigate any unusual item
- Complete/review monthly general ledger reconciliations and investigate any unusual item
- Ensure compliance to company policies and maintain strong internal controls.
- Assist in Budgeting, forecasting, cost control initiatives and variance analysis
- Tax compliance - Service Tax, GST/VAT, Withholding Tax, Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing
- Reviewing of audit schedules and liaise with auditors
- Finalization of Financial Reports and ensure compliance in all statutory reporting
- Participate and lead global projects
- Manage direct reports, internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee day to day finance operation, not limited to revenue processing, updates and reporting
- Monitor bad debts and assist credit control where required
- Ensure bank accounts are properly reconciled on a monthly basis
- Monitor cash flow, monthly cash report and cash flow forecast to UK
- Review and post AP/AR transactions and expenses
- Review and post all accounting journals - intercompany, prepayment, depreciation, provisions, accruals etc
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual group financial results for submission to the UK
- Review of monthly group KPIs to the UK
- Oversee monthly intercompany payments
- Reviewing monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Oversee local tax compliance in each country for the region
- Liaise with auditors, bankers, and local government bureaus as required
- Regular communication with stakeholders, both internal & external
- Provide assistance to the Finance Directors and stakeholders as required
- Completed an undergraduate university degree in Accounting
- CA/CPA is desirable
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience as a Regional Financial Accountant in the APAC region.
- Experience in doing the financial accounting SEA and India entities is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences
- Commitment to service excellence
- Strong MS Office and sound knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Strong presentation and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOURS
- As your role within Page Group includes operating as part of a team, you are expected to work as a team member, show appropriate behaviours and respect to all our employees and work with a spirit of co-operation.
Strong career developmental opportunities are available for anyone who seeks further growth and exposure in an MNC set-up.