Financial Planning Manager
FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 10,000 frontline charities and community groups. During 2021, we redistributed 127 million meals, the equivalent of 4 meals every second through our FareShare Regional Centres and our retail surplus model FareShare Go, reaching over 1 million people.
FareShare is moving into an ambitious 4 year programme to achieve unparalleled growth in both our food volumes as well as our fundraised income.
To contribute to our high growth we are proudly partnering with Allen Lane to appoint a Financial Planning Manager a newly created opportunity within the finance team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative financial planning manager to join us at this time of growth. You will bring strong communication, analytical and systems skills, an open mind and a curious and innovative approach to our financial planning and reporting, focusing on system development, effective project management and empathetic communication with key stakeholders.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, this is a key position and your responsibilities include:
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Production and ownership of appropriate models to support the budgeting and forecasting.
- Making recommendations for improvements to financial planning.
- Supporting the growing Fundraising team to develop the financial modelling needed to support the income growth plans.
- Working closely with the business partners to provide high level analysis on the organisational financial performance.
- Providing project and business partnering support to various key stakeholders, as and when required Assisting the Head of Finance and Director of Finance and Resources with preparation of reports for the Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Trustees.
The successful candidate will likely be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) from a Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector background but would also strongly encourage Part qualified candidates who are actively pursing their qualification with a proven strong track record to apply . You will be analytically-minded with excellent organisational and project management skills. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, flexible in approach but firm when necessary, who can work on their own initiative and thrives when thinking and acting proactively. You be able to communicate complex financial information to stakeholders and possess the ability to influence and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation.