Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor
Overall job purpose
You will be a key member of the growing Accounting and Business Advisory team based in Milton Keynes. You will be responsible for working on a broad range of accounting, financial reporting and business advisory assignments. A supervisor is expected to complete technically challenging projects and to begin to manage a portfolio of clients. The fast growth of the department will create opportunities to develop further skill sets including business development, coaching of junior staff and participating in recruitment of graduate trainees.
A strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles under UK GAAP is essential, experience with IFRS is desirable. Experience of working under other specialist GAAPs is also desirable.
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with FRS 102, FRS 101, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- Taking the lead on delivering complex accountancy related projects for clients as they arise, for example IFRS transition consultancy work or detailed review of financial performance.
- To act as a focal point of contact with the clients. To communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified to the assignment manager and/or partner immediately. To identify and form suggested solutions.
- Management of a portfolio of clients and projects, including client care responsibilities, project management and WIP/billing management.
- To provide insights to our clients drawing on the firm’s depth of resources and help to introduce other service lines as you build those relationships
- To deliver excellent client service. The position will involve significant client interaction.
- To ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To liaise with other departments within the office, especially the audit and corporate tax teams. To ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Utilising Excel/Word and CCH AP 2 to produce working papers and financial statements.
- Dealing with cost management, billing and other administrative issues relating to the portfolio.
- To act as a coach to more junior members of the team and to participate in staff training and supervision as required. This role has the opportunity for line management of junior staff depending on experience.
- A willingness to travel to client’s premises is required. However, the significant proportion of work is office-based working within our fast-growing team.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- ACA Qualified or equivalent.
- UK GAAP and financial reporting experience.
- Experience of working in a professional practice.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with clients.
- Experience of supervision of junior staff.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word.
- A technical or sector specialism, for example IFRS and/or charities experience.
- Working within or alongside an audit team.
- Xero or experience with other accounting packages.
- CCH or similar professional accounts preparation packages.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.