Sr Portfolio Admin Associate
Department/Division: Client Administration.Reports to: Manager Shareholder Services
Direct Reports: NoneJob Description
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $4.14 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions.
This role will involve working specifically on the operations and administration of the SSGA Real Estate activity. You will act as the key contact point for the Portfolio Management team and will have oversight of a number of portfolios from an operational point of view. You will be expected to work with a high level of accuracy to deliver high quality support to the business each and every single day.
You will preferably have worked in the Financial services/Funds industry previously, have excellent numerical skills, be a good teammate and able to work on your own initiative. You should be high reaching and motivated to succeed.Primary Responsibilities include:
- Processing payment expenses including reporting
- Preparation of Vat returns
- Recording, allocation and reconciliation of rent and other income from the property funds
- Reconciliations of general transactional activity
- Cash Forecasting. Exposure monitoring.
- Verification of Fund Valuations
- Performance calculation, preliminary review and query resolution
- Investigating and resolving queries from 3rd parties and Portfolio Managers
- Ongoing implementation and maintenance of standard operating processes and procedures.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to evolve daily operational processes, recommend and implement changes and deliver continuous improvement.
- Support our governance and oversight responsibilities.
- Participate in key projects local or corporate led to improve efficiencies and re-evaluate processes.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Collaborate with team members in other sites to ensure that operating model is consistent and to share standard methodology.
Skills You'll Use Every Single Day
- You will have strong analytical skills and a positive organised approach to investigating queries and exceptions.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- You will be able to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment
- You are willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Strong MS Excel skills preferable.
We are seeking an individual who is:
Level Of Education:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Very good English, other languages an advantage.
Previous Level Of Experience:
- 1-2 years of robust industry experience within Investment Operations.
- Industry experience within Transfer Agency, Custody and Fund Accounting operations is a strong advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.