CIB F&BM – Securities Services – EMEA Custody Product Controller – Associate
An enthusiastic, highly motivated associate is required to join the Custody Product Control team. This role provides an opportunity to work closely with Product & Business Managers, to drive a clear understanding of the business trends and provide insightful analysis to facilitate effective management of the business in the region and globally.
Over and above the BAU this individual will be expected to contribute to Product initiatives as they arise, understand the impact on Finance / the control environment and contribute towards provision of the appropriate financial analysis to support as well as ensuring adherence to product controller standards in the region.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) will be key to the successful development of this role which as well as the ability to forge a strong partnership with a multitude of key partners (Product BM, Financial Control, Billing, External Reporting) as well as other Product Controllers across the Securities services space.
- Assist in the monthly financial close, including forecasting, advising on adjustments, providing analysis and commentary.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the product(s) responsible for, and the drivers impacting the P&L, providing insightful analysis to senior Product and Finance managers in the region to facilitate effective and focused management of the business.
- Assist in the development for better reporting solutions and management of data.
- Support the EMEA custody controller on other controller initiatives.
- Engage with BM and Product to understand key drivers impacting the business in order to be able to highlight risks and opportunities to Plan, promptly escalate areas of concern help drive solutions and create a robust forecast for the rest of the year
- Previous working background in the Financial Services industry.
- Product Control experience an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present finance issues to non-finance individuals i.e. ability to tailor style and content as appropriate
- Analytical mind-set, structured approach, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to deal with multiple requests in a fast moving environment with proven ability to prioritize tasks to meet key deliverables
- Strong systems skills
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.