Operational Risk - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
The position requires leading and collaborating with Business Function managers and other team members to perform the RCSA programs in lines with the Global RCSA Standards. This includes preparing the respective workbooks and conduct workshops as necessary with business unit management and evaluate the control effectiveness
Why this role is important to us:
The individual will work with Business Risk Management Team to support the Business through the RCSA (Risk & Control Self Assessment) program with specific focus on identification of the right controls for the business function. The primary goal is to ensure smooth, effective and timely execution of the RCSA program as per the Global Program Standards.
What you will be responsible for:
- Will be the primary contact for stakeholders for the India RCSA program.
- Facilitate the RCSA cycle and ensure Business units are in compliance with Global RCSA Program Standards
- Understand dependencies for business processes, functions, technology and internal/external parties related to the business
- Provide support for coordination with the Global Plans
- Continue to create awareness and support training for business lines.
- Design, Develop and oversee projects with a focus to provide solutions or mitigate risks.
- Work closely with business lines to identify the right risk indicators for the program.
- Independently identify and assess issues and ensure adequate engagement with relevant teams for timely resolution.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work on MS Office (Excel, Word and PPT)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Post Graduate/ Graduate degree in Business, Accounting, Risk Management or equivalent experience preferred
- 12+ years of experience in Risk Management and Governance space
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.