Analyst, Global Financial Control
This professional will join the Global Financial Control (SOX) governance and oversight team within the Corporate Controller’s Group. The team is responsible for the Corporation’s global internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) framework that includes annual scoping and risk assessment, key process documentation and control identification, deficiency analysis, quarterly certifications and management reporting. Professional will be involved in all efforts related to the annual Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance and will ‘own’ the key process documentation for several significant business processes. The position provides for hands-on exposure into the entire organization, frequent interactions with SOX stakeholders at all management levels globally, as well as internal and external auditors. The successful individual will have strong process execution, attention to detail and critical thinking skills. In addition, the ability to interact and develop working relationships with the global business and finance teams will be critical.
- Responsible for assigned governance areas and execution of end-to-end related activities including but not limited to:
- Evaluate risk and likely sources of potential misstatement for significant processes
- Create/update narrative, flowchart and risk-control matrix documentation for significant processes
- Participate in walkthrough meetings with process and control owners as well as internal and external auditors
- Perform individual control deficiency analysis, monitoring and aggregation analysis
- Maintain relationships with control owners providing guidance and training regarding SOX program and requirements
- Facilitate control testing by management and assist with remediation of control issues
- Lead/Support the operation, documentation, and enhancement of technically sound SOX program governance methodologies, policies and procedures
- Assist in updating regular presentations and reporting to Audit Committee, Disclosure Committee, Controls Committee and Management Group; create ad hoc reports and presentations as required
- In-depth understanding of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404/302, financial statement assertions and COSO integrated control framework a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience at a public accounting firm and/or corporate internal audit department of a financial services organization
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CIA/CISA strongly preferred
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills are required
- Self-starter and critical thinker with attention to details that desires a high-profile position
- End-to-end project management skills, controls evaluation, and cross-functional collaboration
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical thinking and an “outside-the-box” and practical approach to reach a solution
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Advanced skills in Excel; experience with Word, Visio, Access and SharePoint a plus
- Experience with information produced by entity, service organization controls (SOC1), General Information Technology Controls (GITCs), system interface, and automated / IT dependent controls a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.