Global Month End Close Associate Accountant
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- This role is part of Regional Controlling organization and is critical in ensuring compliance with US GAAP and regional/global reporting requirements.
- Support all aspects of regional GL close activities.
- The role requires understanding of complex accounting matters, quick problem-solving skills and strong collaboration with other finance and non-finance teams
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support regional and global reporting requirements for all areas under Regional Controlling responsibility (e.g., monthly B/S and P&L Flux reviews).
- As part of regional GL team, support monthly/quarterly/annual close processes.
- Support enhancement of financial processes, tools and templates and reporting activities for Regional Controlling.
- Leverage strong relationships with other finance and non-finance teams, as well as external providers, to maintain and update shared processes, tools, and reporting activities.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Support local, regional, and global projects, as required.
- Be an activate advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in JDE, Blackline and W-Desk is an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g., month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work on public holidays.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.