Third Party - Risk And Advisory - Manager - Southampton
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Manage risk for our clients to make them stronger for the future.
Our Digital & Risk Advisory Services (DRAS) are designed to enable organisations to leverage our innovative methodologies, technology, and highly experienced professionals to manage their business risks most effectively. Working at BDO offers curious-minded people excellent exposure to all aspects of business strategy, operations and more.
We’re a dynamic team of internal auditors, accountants, technology, and business transformation experts with disciplines in finance, risk, projects and change, cyber and digital, amongst others.
Our extensive network and depth of experience mean we work in a highly client-centric way, focused on providing a collaborative, tailor-made advisory service. Our team helps clients manage their business-critical threats, such as cyber events, and build resilient businesses capable of responding to internal and external events which may interrupt their operations. Being known for exceptional client service in our chosen markets, we put innovation and agility at the heart of everything we do.
This is your chance to join a fast-paced, growing team and help shape the future of DRAS at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who can work pro-actively, managing your own tasks, but you’ll also be confident collaborating with others, communicating regularly with senior managers, Directors, and BDO’s Partners to enable us to serve our clients effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to our clients.
You’ll be responsible for helping to manage engagements end-to-end which are delivered globally, driving quality and profitability, team development and great client experience. There will be opportunities for you to manage junior staff, and engage in growth initiatives and business development within the team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the client’s key stakeholders, being a principal point of contact throughout the year.
- Manage the project team, ensuring key milestones are met, anticipating problems and escalating issues which require Director attention.
- Liaise with colleagues in our global network to ensure smooth delivery of the service. Manage any issues relating to BDO’s delivery globally.
- Manage individuals to ensure that work is completed on time and to the highest quality, including supporting key third party meetings.
- Review audit files, ensuring audit work has been completed fully, is appropriately supported by appropriate audit evidence and assessing the appropriateness of findings raised.
- Preparing audit reports, including providing appropriate recommendations to address the root cause of findings identified.
- Ensure project outputs are of a high standard, ensuring any reports are aligned with the underlying audit work and ensuring that the work has been appropriately quality assured.
- Ensure efficient use of resources on the project. Coach and manage the project team to get the best outcomes from both a quality and commercial perspective.
- Responsible for financial management in respect of the client.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner/Director as appropriate.
- Support Partners and Directors in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Relevant managerial experience, of which 3 years or more is in internal audit or in project management.
- Experience of managing global assignments.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients, inputting into the overall audit strategy and plan, scoping audits, briefing staff and supervising audit delivery.
- Experience of reviewing audit files and audit reports.
- Previous experience of managing people
- Proficiency in MS suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CMIIA, CCAB qualified or overseas equivalent
Occasionally, as the role will involve supporting the delivery of global audits and local audit teams, some flexibility will be required in working hours to provide appropriate support to the audit teams.
Experience in Pharmaceutical industry and contracts
Experience in conducting and managing anti-bribery and corruption focused audits
Fluency in other languages in addition to English would be an advantage
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.