UNIT REGISTRY – Operation Manager Quoted Funds / ETF, AVP
State Street Australia Overview
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.7 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.45 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2015, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 31,070 worldwide.
With more than 31,070 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
State Street Transfer Agency is a specialist team that provides our large client base with registry services, processing daily transactions received from investors, distributions and completing Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) checks on investors to ensure full adherence to the all applicable laws and regulations.
We have an exciting opportunity for Registry professional experienced in Quoted Funds and ETF to establish and lead the implementation of quoted funds/ETF operations for the State Street Transfer Agency team in Australia. You will also be responsible for the effective management of staff and the execution of departmental strategy. There is a level of accountability in this role for results in the areas of employee, strategy and cost.
As an Operation Manager, the ability to be strategic and positively influence others is a necessity to achieve success. We are looking for an individual that strive for ongoing efficiency and are not afraid to participate with both internal and external departmental projects.
The key skills we are looking for:
- End-to-End understanding of Quoted Funds and ETF registry operations
- Ability to drive operational efficiencies and strive for best in class
- Facilitate staff training & development, including conducting effective performance reviews
- Management of client relationship, both from strategic and BAU escalations
- Management of deliverables, ensuring all operational registry and reporting deliverables are met within the agreed SLA.
- Ability to manage third party vendor (as required)
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the quoted funds and ETF registry operations
- Knowledge of investor services (highly regarded)
- Knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts
- Knowledge of corporate actions
- Working knowledge/experience in HiTrust
- Proven capability to manage a high performing team
- Strong liaison skills, both internal and external across all levels
- Strong understanding of AML/FATCA/CRS rules as well as RG97.