Account Services / Transitions Snr Associate
Who we are looking for:
State Street Global Delivery is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSGD has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The candidate will contribute to the EMEA Portfolio Services – Transition team (supporting 1-2 clients), covering the Transitions function (New account launches, account terminations, account changes).
The team member is required to ensure that all governance activities are being carried out in accordance with standard operating control policy and that all market, internal and client escalation queries are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate is also expected to provide analytical support in any new client on-boarding lifecycle as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also have to make sure that all aspects of the Team`s activities are considered as part of the onboarding process and participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a client conversion.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Portfolio Services – Transition you will:
- Managing Transition’s events and new business/client take-on for the IMS client base, incorporating fund launches, in-specie, changes of custody, mergers, new markets and closures
- Full analysis of client request required to ensure event is implemented in line with the portfolio managers’ expectations
- Interact with all IMS teams in order to implement client’s Transition requests (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Ensure checklists are followed at all times, identify, evaluate and track progress of project risks, issues and dependencies, escalating them appropriately when unsure
- Run weekly pipeline calls with the client to keep track of in-flight activity providing feedback and expert analysis
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
- Using provided tools, review accounts for issues associated with Portfolio Health.
- Provide support to the Portfolio Manager on operational issues, provide command and control over inquiries.
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout SSC, not limited to IMS.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Quick learner & team player, with the ability to work accurately in a fast-paced / high pressure environment
- Strong analytical and accuracy skills with the capability to identify risks
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Team player. Must be willing to learn and assist colleagues in their day-to-day responsivities
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience in fund/investment industry
- PC literate – Strong on Excel and other MS office products. SQL knowledge would be advantageous
- Professional industry qualifications an advantage - IMC qualification beneficial but not required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.