Accountant - Emirati National
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
To manage and control various financial and accounting systems and procedures of the company in accordance with the internationally accepted standard, and monitor its internal control to ensure financial stability and maintain complete transparency and accuracy in the system.
To provide support to internal customers: Residential business team in relation to financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting through effective communication in order to meet the business needs and contribute to improving current processes
- Responsible for complete accounting cycle for assigned Residential portfolio companies. (Revenue, Expense, Closing & Reporting).
- Ensure posting run is complete for all rental contracts/ Sales contracts in a timely manner and cumulative monthly provision is revised as required. Preparation of various reconciliations such as monthly rent rolls, inventory reconciliations, bank reconciliations etc.
- Evaluation of various expense requests in terms of justification for the expenses, budget availability etc., verification of LPO’s, coding and posting of approved expenses as per budget in respective GL Accounts, cost centres and ensure approval as per DOA for Opex & Capex.
- Ensure approved payments are released as per agreed payment terms and all supporting documents are in compliance with Company’s Policies & Procedures and approved as per DOA, including timely settlement ofIntercompany creditors and debtors.
- Ensure GRN’s are assigned to LPO’s on a monthly basis against completed works & services and cumulative monthly provision is revised as required.
- Liaise with Financial Planning & Analysis team and provide the cash flow inputs for weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing and coordinating with the respective business to complete the budget and forecast exercise on quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc management reports and provide detailed commentary for monthly business reviews and preparation of dashboard reporting.
- Ensure Balance sheet reconciliation is conducted on a quarterly basis and items required further analysis to be highlighted and device plans to reconcile.
- Ensure accuracy of data/compliance to DOA/budget on various lease documents processed through Finance department and coordinate with Leasing team.
- OA related payments to be reviewed before disbursing payments to vendors / suppliers, ensuring there are approvals from selected OA board members.
- Providing support to OA for preparing schedules (Utilities, Revenue, Expenses etc.) and co-ordinating with external auditor to complete the OA audit.
- Preparing monthly accruals (expense & revenue) reports, ICM acceptance, COS & transfer entries ensuring all these actives are accounted before the month end
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post-graduate degree in commerce / accounting / finance with knowledge of Financial Management and Accounting Systems is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP expertise will be preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience working in diverse teams; real estate construction / projects environment experience will be preferred.
- Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
Behavioural Competencies :
Good interpersonal skills, adaptive, self-motivated, organisational skills, ability to manage stress.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.