Assistant Manager - Risk Management - RMD (Petaling Jaya)
KPMG Malaysia Risk Management Department (RMD):
- Assists the Firm’s Risk Management Partner and Ethics & Independence Partner in implementing and facilitating compliance with KPMG policies and procedures, Systems of Quality Management, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) by-laws and other relevant applicable regulations
- Liaise with all parts of the business as necessary on compliance with KPMG risk management and Systems of Quality Management policies and procedures
- Facilitates the ongoing development and review of risk management initiatives to assist KPMG Malaysia’s effort in improving its quality, risk and compliance initiatives
- Implement new and revised KPMG Quality & Risk Management policies and procedures including client and engagement acceptance, conflict of interest, independence clearance and related areas.
- Carry out research, analysis of relevant policies and regulations, prepare policies and procedures document
- Use monitoring systems, generate and analyze systems reports, prepare summary findings and reports
- Carry out compliance review
- Prepare communication, guidance and training materials
- Supervise and guide team members in related projects
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting/ Business Administration/ Finance / Internal Audit or other relevant discipline
- 5 to 7 years’ working experience relevant to the responsibilities stated above
- Familiarity in Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) by-laws and other legal and regulatory requirements is an added advantage
- Has high self-initiative, resourceful, strong analytical skills, attentive to detail and an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Able to handle communication that demonstrates high professionalism with all levels including management level and external parties
- Knowledge and experience in Excel in spreadsheets, databases, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft applications
- Candidates should be comfortable as a self-starter with the ability to work independently, work with systems and conduct hands-on fieldwork
- Ability to maintain and ensure confidentiality is critical
- Eager to learn and seek knowledge in order to highlight shortcomings and recommend possible improvements to the existing methods
- Highly adaptable to changing circumstances and environment and able to work under tight deadlines if necessary
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.