Tax Management Trainee (September 2022 Intake)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues.
About the programme
The Tax Management Trainee programme is a 2-year development programme aimed at providing a career pathway towards becoming a future leader in our Tax practice. Our programme will allow you to rotate across our corporate and specialist groups in tax, and in Assurance or Digital depending on the route you choose.
Throughout the programme, you will have the opportunity to develop an understanding for the fundamentals of corporate tax, learn how to apply tax specialist knowledge to corporate tax and expand your exposure in Assurance or Digital. Within Tax, you will be given the opportunity to engage in projects dealing with international tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy, depending on the rotation.
What you’ll do
As a Management Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities while you are on this programme include, but not limited to:
- Managing compliance portfolios
- Preparing reports that require input from a diverse range of business functional teams
- Keeping up-to-date with technical developments for the business area
- Working with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements
- Communicating confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form
- Seeking opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms
- Sharing and collaborating effectively with others
- Upholding the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct
- Following risk management and compliance procedures
For a summary of the programme, please refer to the following brochure:
Throughout the programme, you will be supported with various development activities, including mentorship by a Partner or Director, shadowing team leaders to client meetings, engaging in regular project review sessions, leading internal projects and corporate responsibility initiatives, with the option to pursue professional accounting qualifications.
- Degree in any discipline and/or a professional accounting qualification such as the ICAEW / ACCA /MICPA-CAANZ / CPA Australia
- Strong leadership, teamwork and client servicing skills
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written English
Additional application instruction
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificate and Transcripts from SPM onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.