Assurance, Intern - General Audit, Singapore (Work-Study Program 35-Weeks)
Assurance, Intern – General Audit, Singapore (Work-Study Program 35 weeks)
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
As part of our External Audit team, you’ll experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements. In addition, you will conduct timely and constructive discussions with the management on accounting and reporting matters, and provide a robust and clear perspective to audit committees. In doing so, you play an important role in providing services to clients such as responding to regulatory reforms, managing capital life cycle and improving business operations.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to indicate your preferred industry sectors. Please state your preference clearly.
- Consumer Products & Retail
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Resources & Transportation
- Real Estate Hospitality & Construction
- Healthcare, Public Sector & Manufacturing
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment.
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Pursuing a degree in Accountancy
- Prior work experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical skills
- Good project management skills
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest education certificate and/or university transcripts
- Optional: A copy of personal profile report such as MBTI and StrengthsFinder done with the institute/university
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
Important: Candidates must be able to commit for 35 weeks starting from 5 Dec 2022. We will not consider any request for shortening of internship duration.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.