Senior Consultant, Transfer Agency (AML) - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
This is a leadership role within the Investor AML Operations team. The role requires a continuous improvement mindset with the ability to co-ordinate across teams and functions to deliver process efficiencies. The role is a key support role for AML Management and for the team as a whole. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of:
- AML Legislation/Regulation & Guidance/Best Practice.
- The Investor AML Department’s processes and procedures.
In addition, the role requires partners to hold, build and maintain strong relationships with the Northern Trust Transfer Agency and Client Services Departments, as well as other key stakeholders, to deliver a robust AML Operations service to Northern Trust’s client and investor base.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify problem areas using data. Propose and implement solutions to gain efficiencies.
- Completion of project work, as a team member and/or project manager to ensure delivery of AML related projects.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with clients and partners in other Northern Trust departments.
- Works with management to ensure that the Investor AML team meets the required audit, risk and compliance standards.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of AML regulation and best practice and uses this knowledge to promote enhancements to Northern Trust’s AML processes and procedures.
- Construction and delivery of MI for management on an ad-hoc and scheduled basis, including oversight of outsourced locations.
- Engaging with Audit, Risk, Control or Compliance teams as required to ensure the smooth running of reviews that AML team are subject to as part of NT’s overall controls.
- Ad-hoc work as required from time to time by AML Management.
- Self-motivating with a positive can-do attitude.
- Extensive knowledge of day-to-day AML operations.
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency operations and the wider funds administration business.
- Strong organisational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate and influence across departments and functions inside and outside Transfer Agency.
- Effective risk management.
- Previous experience in an AML is required.
- Detailed knowledge of the AML regulatory environment in Ireland. Additional knowledge of Luxembourg and UK regulatory environment would be a distinct advantage.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications relating to designated areas of responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyse data, identify problems and propose and implement solutions.
- Comfortable & competent presenting ideas and solutions, including to senior management.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong organisational skills to ensure delivery of a high standard of work on time.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.