IA Regulatory Program, Audit Manager- VP
This role will sit within the IA ICG Markets Regulatory Program team in Internal Audit and will be responsible for leading the execution of Citi’s Regulatory Initiatives assurance strategy for Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), whilst also supporting the wider team in the delivery of assurance audits in other regions.
As an Audit lead, this role actively engages in the timely delivery of high-quality, value-added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, coordinate post audit validation workstreams and prepares ad-hoc analyses and assessments on key themes and trends pertaining to key regulatory requirements. Part of the audit manager roles is dedicated in the development and maintenance of key relationships with business and control teams that support regulatory reform projects or business as usual process of regulatory impact. The role is integral component of the audit delivery in response to Regulatory changes, including Dodd Frank / Volcker / MiFID II/ EMIR etc.
- Develop and execute a robust Audit Plan for EMEA based Regulatory Initiative audit entities whilst as lead manager for all types of assurance reviews.
- Deliver timely and at a high standard the IA Reg Reform book of work comprising of complex thematic audits, risk based and regulatory issue validations, business monitoring, risk assessments, governance committee reporting and other internal ad hoc requests.
- Be the established “point-person” for EMEA Regulatory Initiatives queries, liaising with other Internal Audit teams and other stakeholders to ensure holistic coverage of key regulations.
- Demonstrate strong audit judgement, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity. Demonstrate enquiring mindset with the drive and achieve high quality results and contribute to the development of audit processes improvements
- Manage a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals that delivers audit reports, in accordance with Internal audit and regulatory standards
- Review and approves the Business Monitoring Quarterly summary and serve as lead reviewer for various tasks
- Collaborate with teams across the business and determine impact on the overall control environment and audit approach
- Advise and assists the business on change initiatives, while advancing integrated auditing concepts and technology adoption
- Apply an in-depth understanding of Internal Audit standards, policies and technology to a specific product or function
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Effective verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Effective project management skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.