Senior Analyst - FP&A
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
We’ll help you succeed
Reporting to the Senior Manager – FP&A, you will assist with the delivery of the firm’s Budget & Forecast process by developing financial reporting models and other analytical tools that provide management with the instruments to interrogate the planned performance of the business. You will also get the opportunity to experience other areas of planning and reporting and will be involved in ad-hoc projects including system / planning process transformation.
- Develop financial reporting models and other analytical tools that provide management with the instruments to interrogate the planned performance of the business
- Assist in the development and enhancement of planning processes and reporting to ensure business units are able to analyse data in the most effective and efficient manner
- Maintenance and improvement of forecasting reports to be used by Finance and central management team during the review and approval process
- Support production of annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts (P&L and KPI’s); including loading and reconciling plan data into Workday Financials
- Facilitate training sessions for the wider business as needed to enhance knowledge in the use of the firm’s Budget & Forecast reporting tools
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis, insight and project support to stakeholders across the business in Finance’s role as a true business partner
- Assist with the development of Workday Adaptive Planning; ensuring it is fit for purpose in regards to being the firm’s primary planning tool
- Assist with FP&A team business partnering responsibilities to support Forecast owners each quarter
- Resolve ad-hoc planning related reporting requests; working closely with other teams such as BI, Management Accounts and HRMI where necessary
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Effective financial analysis skills – a keen eye for detail, able to analyse and interpret data, evaluate data and make recommendations based on data and market trends
- Strong business acumen; understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and an organisation’s revenue goals
- Experience of maintaining and improving Budget & Forecast models; ideally within the Professional Services sector
- Excellent organisation skills and flexible
- Ability to prioritise, manage own delivery and accountability to meet deadlines
- Proactive and takes the initiative – ‘can do’ attitude but also seeks guidance / coaching
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships quickly with stakeholders at all levels
- Commitment to delivering exceptional client service to internal stakeholders
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of Adaptive Planning or Workday Financials is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Newly or Part-Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.