Insurance/Asset Owner/Asset Manager (Offshore Fund Focus) Client Service, AVP or VP, Hybrid
What you will be responsible for
As a senior and experienced Client Service professional (AVP/VP) you will
- Take on lead CS responsibility for select clients (including some of our most strategic Insurance, Asset Manager and Asset Owner clients) and effectively manage and be an active part of a dynamic team in an important growth area for SS Japan
- You :
- MUST be very strong on all operational aspects of offshore funds from onboarding to liquidation, custody, fund accounting, TA, Trustee, etc. And must be highly organized, strong manager or people and willing and able to mentor and develop staff. Will heavily interact with clients and must have excellent CS skills and experience.
- Must effectively and transparently manage process and staff to track and resolve client queries and challenges touching full range of services and topics such as
- payment status monitoring,
- distribution and liquidation coordination
- technology, system queries, password resets and access requests for State Street application(e.g. Mystatestreet.com)
- change requests, regulatory requirements, systems issues capability, process improvements/risk and other initiatives
- proactively self-serve to research and answer client queries in timely manner, reaching out where necessary across SS teams globally (almost always in English to achieve great outcomes for client
- access requests and State Street application (eg.Mystatestreet.com) related queries,
- Will drive, own and coordinate 3rd party notifications (IMs, Trustees, Administrators, law firms, and others)
- Will drive, own, and coordinate with client onclass action monitoring,
- Will maintain and facilitate completion of contractual documents, oversight/ensure timely and accurate invoicing and billing (and payment)
- Will pro-actively manage and drive client/fund onboarding/offboarding
- Will effectively manage process and staff regarding client change requests, SLA’s, KPI reporting, and projects (internal and with clients)
- Will effectively resolve and track issues ,
- Will support internal data metric gathering and analysis, and working effectively with global internal State Street groups for resolution.
- Own creating improved controls and processes, workflows and efficiency for the group
- Handle high-level, strategic Client Communications
- Coordinate KPI Service Review cycle including the relevant document preparation at hands on level.
- Support Relationship Managers internal and external governance, service and revenue opportunities, and providing internal management reporting related to clients.
- The position’s ultimate goal via the above bulleted activities is to win and maintain high Client’s satisfaction.
- Must always demonstrate adherence to our risk and compliance culture and demonstrate highest integrity in servicing our clients and earning our clients’ trust everyday.
- Must be a natural and willing leader and a strong TEAM player, mentoring and fostering understanding, career development, education and training of staff
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge on fund administration services, either offshore or domestic
- Familiar with multiple domiciled offshore (e.g., Cayman, Lux) funds and fund documents. (Prospectus, Investment Agreement, Trust Deed, Custody Agreement, Administration Agreements)
- Experienced manager of clients and staff
- Highly organized, driven and able to work independently to drive change and excellent outcomes for clients
- Experience working as client service or operation with large financial institutions
- Strong communication skill both in English and Japanese
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skill
- Able to work as a team player effectively across cultures and global locations
- Literacy in finance and investment product (especially, investment trust)
- Strong motivation to study new business area
- Knowledge of State Street products, systems, and their applications [applicable only to internal hire]
- Degree in Finance/ Business/ Law or related discipline
- Industry credentials (CFA, CPA etc), either completed or in progress.
- 3) Experience:
- – 7-15 years+ in Financial Services Industry (Asset Manager, Outsourcing Provider, Trustee, Security company, or Global Custodian (Preferred)
- – 7-15 year10 years+ in Client Service or similar position in any of the following category of investment services
- Global Custodian (BONY Mellon, BBH, JP Morgan, Citi, etc)
- Japanese Asset Administration bank (MTBJ, CBJ(former JTSB and TCSB))
- Investment Trust Management Companies (Toshin)
- Investment Management Companies (Toshikomon)
- Trust Bank’s Asset Services Department/Operation Department Securities Company
- Bachelor/ Graduates from University (Preferred)
- Strong English skills (at least TOEIC 930 or up equivalent level) (Strongly Preferred)
- Strong (Native Level) Japanese language skills
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Exceptionally Strong organization skills. Person who can create organization and improved efficiency via improved procedures, workflows and processes and can effectively manage clients and client expectations. Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Offshore Funds, Asset Manager’s, Outsourcing Provider’s, Japanese Trustee’s, or Global Custodian’s operations
- Verbal and writing/ reading communication in both Japanese and English skills .
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills - able to effectively interact with clients (for both good and difficult messages)
- Strong client communication skills
- Loves taking ownership of issues and seeing them to resolution on behalf of clients
- Effective at working across large global organizations to identify those with the knowledge/answers to quickly and effectively respond to client queries and issues.
- Must be a team player
- Must enjoy challenges and thrive on change
- Can effectively handle ambiguity while meeting desired outcomes
- Strong motivator
- Great communications skills
- Team Worker with flexibility and adaptability to any environmental changes.
- Takes ownership of issues and seeing them to resolution on behalf of clients
- Capability of working independently with timely escalation to / information sharing with/ consulting your line manager(s) in case of anything unusual occur/ may occur.
- Holds self and those around them accountable