Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate willing to grow along with the EMEA clients that we serve out of the Kansas City office. Our role is a blend of client service and accounting with complex and diverse funds and processes. This officer will lead a client-facing team of people to grow their skills and talents as individuals and as a team servicing the clients. There are frequent opportunities for problem-solving and decision-making at a high level (striving for the best and most effective processes) and at a detail level (striving for timeliness and accuracy in delivering our daily NAVs).
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Officer you will
- Be responsible for the day to day management of a functional team(s) within Fund Accounting
- Be Responsible for performing assigned, complex daily operations and processes.
- Act as primary contact and escalation point for operational
- Receive and resolve inquiries from client, Client Management, COEs, BU Shared Services and BU Client Service and ensure timely resolution.
- Manage and escalate issues related to BU SS and CoEs
- Maintain and monitor open items, issues, logs, project lists
- Manage daily service delivery through Fund Accounting Staff
- Address custom client requests; manage production activities of Fund Accountants 1, 2 and Senior Associates.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes. Assist with client conversions and other client projects.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Manage report card data collection and production.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits.
- Train client on using SS interfaces (i.e. myss.com, eHorizon, etc.)
- Train, develop and motivate new staff. Complete performance appraisals.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Serve on committees. Help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Perform annual risk assessments for customer accounts and alert VP of any changes that may increase State Street risk.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hours are 9 am – 6+ pm, Monday through Friday, with an international holiday schedule
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Decision making skills
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in the EMEA environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Attention to detail and organization
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework. B.S. in business related field preferred
- 5 years of related experience in custody, fund accounting, derivatives, corporate actions and/or pricing, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity is preferred.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within fund accounting.
- Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside of organization.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.