SEA - Assurance - Senior / Asst Manager - Finance Operations and Technology Services
Title: Assurance (based in Kuala Lumpur) – Senior / Asst. Manager, Finance Operations and Technology Services
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- You will apply core finance and accounting knowledge in an advisory context to assist our clients in enabling the success of their finance function. Our projects, which span a wide range of industries, include:
- Improving the effectiveness and performance of finance functions, and finance processes.
- Supporting our clients to improve their controllership close-to-report cycle. This includes assessing their people, processes, and systems.
- Providing practical and pragmatic accounting solutions.
- Supporting clients during disruptive events (large transactions, such as IPO readiness, mergers and acquisitions, divestments, etc.).
In the constantly changing finance world a number of our projects include leveraging and implementing specific cloud-based technologies to build the capacity and capability of our client’s finance functions. As a result of the diverse nature of the work you will often find yourself working with our other functions (tax, corporate finance, risk advisory, national technical and consulting). You will develop effective business relationships, and both lead and manage teams. You will have the opportunity to genuinely help our clients and make a real contribution as we grow by bringing your point of view and energy to the team.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- Full membership of CAANZ/MIA/ACCA/ICAEW/ICAA/CPA (or equivalent) with 3+ years’ experience in NZ or globally.
- Proven ability to manage projects and solve problems in the finance world – this could be through experience within Audit (ideally Big 4 or large firm experience), other professional service experience, or in industry.
- Strong IT technical foundations and an interest in market leading cloud-based solutions supporting finance functions.
- Confidence in delivering clients meetings, presentation, workshops and labs.
- Good technical accounting skills, and knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as experience over processes and controls review.
- To be self-motivated, results driven & client oriented.
- A willingness to learn, and desire to work in a constantly changing environment.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.