Omani National_ Finance Executive | THRIFTY | Oman
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
- The job holder has to supervise and ensure that all corporate & Individual clients are promptly and accurately invoiced.
- Effectively liaise with clients for timely collection to keep the past due amounts within specified limits.
- To facilitate a high level of cash-flow and minimize overdue debt along with maximize collection from all debtors
- To maximize collection and ensure all debtors are followed-up until settlement.
- Finance Executive has to ensure that collections are banked daily.
What you will do:
- Review of Fact sheets, Credit applications and carry out credit reference checks as per Credit policy
- Provide update feedback to credit team on customer health payment status/history to credit approving authority.
- Ensure that all corporate & individual clients are promptly and accurately invoiced.
- Always Adhere to the Collection Procedures while protecting the interest and reputation of the organization.
- Achieving the collection target assigned by the management.
- Regular follow up by emails & Telephones calls with past due customers to ensure the collection of overdue amounts within the earliest cycle preferably within 30 days bucket.
- Supervise with collection staff from overdue list to monitor and help to resolve difficult cases.
- Ensure timely transfer/escalation to the relevant department for the necessary legal action by completing all formalities and to follow up until concluding the process.
- Answer queries from customers related to collections.
- Prepare & Send Statement of Account for the Debitors on a monthly basis
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments.
- Negotiating re-payment plans according to the company policy.
- Collecting overdue amount by rigorous follow-up and make sure company money is recovered fully and on time.
- Submit a periodical/collection ad-hoc reports to the collections manager on the agreed format.
- Full responsibility for maintaining a complete collection report by recording details of all interactions with customers.
- Regular & proper update on the Collection Management Log.
- Create trust Create & Maintain relationships with debtors when possible, to avoid future issues.
- Field visits to be performed on case-to-case basis collect payments as and when required.
Daily Banking Activity
- Ensure daily collections are banked on time
- Ensure schedule is maintained for PDCs and Credit Card charges to ensure timely recovery of dues
- Coordinate with AFSS for timely bank reconciliation
Business MIS & Documents Control
- Prepare KPI reports for business on a weekly basis
- Maintain a central database of local tax rules and ensure same information is communicated to AFSS
Required Skills to be successful:
- Relationship Building
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan own work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to the short-term planning of department.
- Show initiative in taking on greater responsibilities without being asked. Demonstrate persistence in the face of resistance.
- Ability to handle pressure at work.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team player across all business functions.
What equips you for the role:
- 2-3 years’ experience in invoicing, collections and Credit
- Strong interpersonal facilitation and presentation skills
- PC & Microsoft Office proficiency
- Understanding/Knowledge of competitor
- Previous automotive experience preferred
- Languages: Fluent English - Arabic an Advantage
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.