Consumer Receivables Accountant (12 month contract)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big.
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5,000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success and growth in Ireland.
We support and promote career development throughout the organization, offering a long and exciting career with a multitude of opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music and Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to further develop with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
Order to Cash is a team that supports Apple’s revenue generation and related cash collection across its varied lines of business – iTunes, Retail, Online Store & B2B. We are a team of 70 people within GBS that supports these functions for the business. The EMEIA Order to Cash team has counterparts in three other GBS locations Austin, Singapore & Shanghai.
This role is part of our O2C Consumer Receivables team. We are currently seeking someone to jour our team of reconcilers to oversee relevant markets and processes as part of the Consumer Receivables team in EMEIA.
- Excellent communication, organizational & interpersonal skills
- Be a self-starter who is motivated, innovative and ambitious
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment and show flexibility in dealing with evolving situations.
- Strong business partnering and customer service focus
- Qualified Accountant / Part Qualified (with relevant experience)
- Previous experience in reporting and the use of reporting software similar to Tableau
- Management of assigned reconciliation activity in line with internal SLA’s and corporate close schedule.
- Ensure high standards and practices across all areas of responsibility including timely actioning of fallout, issue escalation and analytical review
- Participation in various project activity relating to Consumer Receivables expansion including the design and implementation of financial reconciliation processes
- Review of current processes, seeking out opportunities for efficiencies and driving continual improvement through effective business partnering Excellent customer services to both external & internal customers
Education & Experience
- Qualified accountant or equivalent third level qualification required with relevant experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.