Team Lead, HR & Payroll (Singapore Support)
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes withHR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance– whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
Responsible for the delivery of an assigned client portfolio and ensure the delivery of the agreed scope of services detailed in the service agreements with clients. Review the work completed by Senior Executives / Executives /Associates /Assistants, ensure compliance with established processes, adherence to ISAE/OSPAR/ISO standards. Act as the “back-up” for Executives in the team. Assume direct payroll/service delivery of clients under situation of crisis or during period of team members’ absence. Respond to clients’ new requests, escalations, and feedback and resolve any service gaps and put in place corrective actions. Ensure client satisfaction rate is achieved.
The Team Lead shall orientate and coach new hires, organize team meetings etc. The Team Lead shall ensure all reporting are fulfilled on time and ensure at all times clients critical documents such as work instructions, payroll calendar, trusted source, etc. are updated.
- Review each client documentation (work instruction/payroll calendar/trusted source/network folders, etc.)
- Perform review of services completed by the team
- Perform banking authorization for payroll transactions, review bank reconciliations and payroll funding requests
- Ensure periodic action such as IRAS reporting, CPF submission, statutory leave claim deadlines are met
- Review service delivery process, propose/implement improvements to improve client satisfaction and employee satisfaction
- Adherence to ISAE 3402 / OSPAR / ISO 27001 standards
- Gather client new requirements, provide time/effort estimate to supervisor, develop proposals/CRN
- Ensure that each client service agreement is in order and that client are invoiced correctly
- Monitor client invoice payment status. Initiate escalations where clients have overdue payment exceeding 90 days
- Update required reporting
- Keep up with statutory changes related to employment, payroll, etc.
- Ensure clients are notified on statutory changes
- Maintain good relationship with clients through client visits/client reviews
- Coach junior team members and review their work
- Completes time sheet in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Diploma/Degree holder in Human Resource Management or Business or Accounting or any related disciplines is preferred.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in payroll computation.
- Well-versed in Employment Act, tax practices and pension and related statutory policies.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Previous experience in outsourcing firms will be an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Our offices are easily accessible by public transportation (LRT & Monorail)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF
Applications close: 02 Sep 2022 Singapore Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.