We are currently investing in an Accounting Modernization Project (AMP) to deploy the most modern systems, and redefine our processes to ensure the most efficient and consistent record-to-report process. We are now looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team from the very beginning of this exciting project.
This position will play a key role in the timely and accurate completion of the European wide Record-To-Report (RTR) process including monthly closure procedures under U.S. GAAP and having ownership of account balances through the reconciliation process. Beyond the monthly close activities this role will require a robust accountant with previous experience within an international company that can partner with the business and various stakeholders, including auditors to ensure expectations are met. Having ownership over your work, we have an expectation of continuous improvement including suggesting and implementing improvements to make processes more effective and efficient. You’ll gain technical and general business acumen in a growing shared service centre with excellent multiple career paths. This role will report into to a Team Leader / Chief Accountant.
- Ensuring the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities
- Preparing manual journal entries, owning certain subledgers, or monitoring interfaces and semi-automated processes.
- Reviewing general ledger activity, researching/correcting account discrepancies, and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Owning certain accounts and validate the accuracy of the accounts through the reconciliation process.
- Responsibilities for compliance of assigned areas to accounting policies, procedures and internal controls (Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
- Supporting the various statutory audits and requests from various European entities.
- Teaching and supporting junior accountants and various team members.
- Documenting and updating process notes periodically as required.
- Collaborating with team members across various disciplines in the shared service centre, and in-country teams to ensure.
- Acting independently within scope of responsibility.
- Supporting continuous improvement mindset.
- Participate in various projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
Why Avis Budget Group BSC is a great place to build a career at:
- our BSC is the Award winner Best SSC in the CEE Region (2018)
- our BSC is a Centre of Excellence and the largest Avis Budget Group site globally
- multicultural, diverse team with colleagues from over 40 different countries
- friendly, collaborative culture & approachable leadership
- opportunities for growth & development throughout your career
- high-energy place with a winning spirit where things move forward every day
- Hungary’s greenest, environmentally conscious, award-winning office
- various fun company events and volunteer initiatives
- car rental and partner discounts in addition to your compensation package
- remote-work & home-office possibility