Finance Business Partner
Business Partner reporting into the Group Finance Director with responsibility for the management reporting, budgeting and business partnering activates for the finance team.
The organisation is a housing association that operates across the south west. The housing associations is one of the largest across the south west and has grown rapidly in the last few years. The finance function has a critical role to play in supporting the delivery of this mission, ensuring effective management and control of the organisations resources, production and communication of financial information to all stakeholders and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
The key responsibilities of the Business Partner role are:
- Providing support to the Managers on all aspects of budgeting, financial performance reporting & forecasting, financial business analysis.
- Support the Manager to develop a sweep of dashboards or other suitable reporting frameworks which provides insightful management reporting and a 360-degree view of performance.
- To challenge business assumptions in forecasting and planning.
- Participate in a programme of cost/business reviews which delivers meaningful, timely and relevant financial business analysis.
- Take a key role to support the annual budgeting exercise for your business area and to develop a more responsive budgeting system which is aligned to strategic plans and delivers improved bottom line performance.
- To provide regular financial and management information to the business which pays due regard to business units and business streams, and delivers timely, meaningful and accurate forecasting.
Business Partnering across multiple work streams is huge part of this role - the successful candidate must have exposure of this in a similar role. You will have a track record of engaging with management with the gravitas to support and influence decision making in the business, demonstrating tangible benefits.
- The successful candidate for the Business Partner role, will be a CCAB qualified accountant with exposure to operating at similar level to the position.
- Ideally you will have exposure to working within the Charity, Not for Profit or Public Sector.
- Track record of engaging with management with the gravitas to support and influence decision making in the business, demonstrating tangible benefits.
- Ability to distil complex analysis and succinctly present findings.
- Previous experience of creating management reporting process and implementing financial controls across multiple departments.