Operational Business Planner
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been present in Malaysia since 1989, and today operates a manufacturing plant in Pasir Gudang, Johor. BASF’s Regional Service Hub in Kuala Lumpur provides functional support services to BASF companies in 19 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also provides infrastructure and utilities support services to its joint ventures BASF PETRONAS Chemicals and Toray BASF Resins at an integrated Verbund site situated in the Gebeng Industrial Zone, Pahang. BASF posted sales to customers in Malaysia of approximately €390 million in 2021 and had 2,295 employees as of the end of the year. Further information is available on www.basf.com/my
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Validate and challenge article-level 36 months sales plan with country sales & marketing team
- Act as contact person between regional supply chain team & local team on daily business steering topics.
- Responsible to manage local inventory distribution planning
- Manage and be responsible for the inventory of forecasted finished goods and other KPIs (no & slow mover/Aging stock)
- Manage local non-conformances
Demand & Distribution Planning
- Validate and challenge calendarized article-level 36-months sales plan with country sales & marketing team.
- Identify risks/downsides and opportunities/upsides to sales plan. Document and track risks and opportunities including likelihood and decision time and review on a monthly basis.
- Upload final validated sales plan base case / best case to IBP (for financial planning).
- Forecast P&L quarterly for current year and upload to MAP. Analyze actual and forecasted financial performance, pro-actively highlight deviations from target to management and recommend countermeasures. Develop business commentary for AP and corporate management.
- Monitor development of local COGS development
- Support value-based decision making throughout the organization targeting sustainable optimization of absolute Market Performance. Perform ad-hoc analyses based on operational business steering requirements.
- Support Country Management in steering pricing and rebate schemes (co-sign off with sales & marketing). Develop price/volume scenarios. Check rebate settlement calculation, monitor rebate accruals.
- Ensure that business and accounting processes/policy are in total compliance with corporate policies and objectives
- Monitor AR overdue and DSO development.
- Manage local non conformances in line with the process established by region.
- Closely liaise with regional supply planning team to monitor delivery plan & ensure customer requests are met
- Communicate any sudden demand changes to the relevant regional supply planning teams without delay
- Consolidate shipping documents and send to forwarding agents to perform custom clearance.
- Request for new product article and maintain existing article master data to GMDT (MatForm)
- Coordinate on the artwork for import FFP/AI between supply planning team and local regulatory/artwork manager
- Proactively highlight critical issues that would require regional supply planning team support / guidance
- Local Inventory Management
- Provide & execute specific action plan to reduce dysfunctional stock (aging, no & slow mover).
- Proactively identify suitable action in collaboration with sales & marketing team to reduce excess inventory (local & pre-local allocated based on forecast).
- Strictly follow the inventory guideline process for inventory write-off and stock taking procedures.
- Visit key customers and warehouses as needed to support business and inventory management.
- Attend yearly stock take in country warehouses and tolling site.
Minimum Education and Qualification Required for the Position
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Finance / Accounting / Supply Chain or Logistics Management.
- Working Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Understanding on crop protection business is an advantageous.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of demand planning, inventory & distribution planning process
- SAP knowledge is beneficial.
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications.
- Good command in English.
- Good communication skills, team player.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.