Trust Manager, Trustee Service - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Trust Team focuses on delivering trustee and fiduciary service in Hong Kong.
The role will assist the Head of Trust to strengthen the trustee service platform and help establish an appropriate compliance/risk culture in the business units including in the development of specialized training programs for relevant staff, in conjunction with Legal, Risk, Compliance and Operations.
The job holder will supervise a small team and have responsibility for ensuring our duties as a Trustee are performed in accordance with the appropriate legal documentation (eg.trust deeds, prospectus and fund constitutive documents), the laws and rules of the relevant financial regulatory and any other regulatory bodies.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Trust Manager, you will:
- Performing reviews as stipulated in the Trust Company Procedure Manuals and ensuring the Manuals are updated on a regular basis
- Reviewing and commenting on draft fund constitutive documents and financial statements
- Reviewing portfolio of funds to ensure compliance with investment restriction and borrowing power limits according to constitutive documents/regulations
- Ensuring breaches, risks issues and areas of concern are reported and rectified in a timely manner and providing resolutions where appropriate
- Responding to queries of clients and acting as a consulting point to other business units on trustee/fiduciary related matters.
- Performing due diligence on and attending on-site visits to internal and external service providers and prepare reports on findings to include recommendations
- Arranging Trustee & Fiduciary meetings and board meetings and prepare minutes
- Leading or participating in projects as required to ensure the collectives business meets regulatory, compliance, audit and internal requirements
- Promoting risk awareness and assisting in delivering training to relevant business/operations units
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- A strong team player and people motivator
- Good interpersonal, collaborative and influencing skills
- Good communicator both verbally and in writing
- Good analytical and organising skills
- Persistent in completing tasks
- Self-motivated and reliant
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Degree qualified
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the legal, regulatory and compliance requirements of the trustee/fiduciary services, with direct exposure to collective investment schemes
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.