Section Manager, Transfer Agency
Section Manager Business Management Transfer Agency
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889. Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company to assist the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
The department is responsible for providing MIS reporting, operational support, conduct process reviews, coordinate external visits from audit, compliance and trustees, compile and submit SDRT returns, coordinate business continuity plans and to provide management information and analysis to business units based in EMEA and India.
This role required the individual to manage the day to day activities of the Group and also liaison between Operations teams in India and EMEA.
- Responsible for Managing and Supervising Delivery of the MI and Business Management Function, including,
- Delivery of monthly Key Performance Indicator information
- Responsible for ensuring that all Control Reporting is completed.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and -partners at a high technical level
- Coordination for all Audit, Compliance and Trustee visits and subsequent action plan
- Liaising with clients (home locations) regarding Service and Service Level Agreements
- Brings in the ‘best practice’ throughout operational areas
- Maintains a close working relationship with other internal oversight areas, such as Control, Risk, Compliance and Audit.
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects.
- Analyse the MIS and provide Quality input to the operations groups on improvement opportunity
- Sets partner objectives and monitors these and provides feedback through monthly one to one meetings
- Assist the Operations/Division Manager on preparation of Business oriented presentations to be provided to the prospective clients
- To ensure that the group meets the desired service level targets.
- To work with internal departments to evaluate and implement changes in proposed new regulations and to ensure that all current requirements are met
- Provide oversight and escalation point for unresolved issues.
- Provides guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication. Facilitate Team meetings.
- Responsible for the recruitment, appraisals and retention of staff
- Responsible for the development of the team.
- Fulfill additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements as and when required
- Analyse the MIS and provide quality input to the operations groups on improvement opportunity
- Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and the above role diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are
- Employees are required to observe proper organised and controlled standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- Management of department in accordance with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Ensuring that KPIs are achieved so that there is no reputational impact
- RELATIONSHIPS DIRECT REPORTS - Team leaders/ Consultants
Internal Key Stakeholders - Relationship Managers - Internal Clients - Home location teams
External Key Stakeholders – as applicable - Regulators, Auditors - External Clients - External Advisors
- Interpersonal (relationship building, respectful, resolves problems, people friendly and organisational savvy)
- Communication (presentation, attentive listening , oral communication, allows others to express themselves and written communication skills)
- Self-management (adaptability and resilience, learning behaviour, integrity and ethics and relationship builder)
- Motivation (performance standards, achieving results and persistent)
- Thinking (creative thinking decision making, input seeking ,logical thinking and solution finding)
- Organisational Knowledge (business knowledge, expert knowledge and external events impact)
- Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction)
- Administration (Anticipates needs, execution, planning, process specialist, quality seeker and time management)
- Leadership (Addresses difficult issues, builds effective teams focused on goals, champions new initiatives, fosters development, gives timely feedback and coaching, Idea generator and sets challenging performance standards )
- Candidate should have In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge, Analytical and problem solving skills and Technical skills
- Responsible for undertaking all MIS activities to support business functions (KPI/KRA, control/audit/access reviews, presentations etc.)
- Manages large and/or complex projects such as strategic change management, new business/product initiatives, process re-engineering, merger and acquisitions integration and provides multi-disciplinary consulting service such as marketing and technology to business groups.
- Technical expert with management responsibilities, seen as key advisors on significant business decisions. Keeps abreast of emerging industry trends. Maintains regular contact with peers internal and external to firm, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Operates independently and has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Conducts preliminary analysis
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- 8-10 years of experience managing Reporting, Business Support and Controls function
- Should have managed multiple teams operating on MIS reporting, operational support, conduct process reviews, coordinate external visits from audit, compliance and trustees and coordinate business continuity plans
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Business Reporting, Business Support and Controls, Document Management.
- Demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of business support and control processes gained in a Third Party Administrator, Transfer Agency or working directly for a fund manager
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications used for data management / reporting including writing Macros in MS-Excel and strong knowledge and working experience on PowerBi
- Ability to work on Macros, Visual Basic with Access or Oracle database would be preferred
- A good understanding of effective risk management
- Analytical skills are required to research and resolve enquiries
- Ability to work to set deadlines
- Attention to detail and strong accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Customer Service experience, preferably gained in an investment administration environment
- Knowledge and understanding of FSA/HMRC/ IFSRA regulatory Environment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.